8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Ska Punk :brock:

I loved the Ernies back in the day they were local. Not sure exactly how big they made it, but I know I still hear the song "here and now" on comercials from time to time.

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
You gotta love the Specials.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Deedle said:
Ska Punk :brock:

I loved the Ernies back in the day they were local. Not sure exactly how big they made it, but I know I still hear the song "here and now" on comercials from time to time.
Hmm, it sounds familiar but maybe I've just heard the name Ernie used somewhere else. I'll google 'em.

mattsbobo said:
You gotta love the Specials.
True dat.

I'll copy and paste a small part of my music list from Facebook on here and maybe you guys might know some of these bands.

Against All Authority, Against Me!, The Aquabats, The Arrogant Sons, Bedouin Soundclash, Big D and the Kids Table, Blue Meanies, Bob Marley & The Wailers, Catch 22, Choking Victim, Citizen Fish, Evil Empire, The Flaming Tsunamis, F-Minus, Hepcat, The Heptones, The Imperial Skabots, Leftöver Crack, Less Than Jake, Link 80, Mad Caddies, Madd Hatters, Madness, The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Mustard Plug, Operation Ivy, Rancid, Reel Big Fish, Ska-P, Skankin' Pickle, The Skatalites, Skatman, The Specials, Streetlight Manifesto, Sublime, The Taj Motel Trio, The Toasters, Tri-State Conspiracy, Voodoo Glow Skulls, Young ‘Til We Die.

Heh, and these are just the ska bands/groups I listen to :p

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
hey WOSR, if you were to recommend just one album to get someone who's never listened to this genre before hooked, what would you recommend? I wanna check some of it out and was wondering what to get.

(I've never listened to any ska before)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Deedle said:
I like Op Ivy, Rancid, Catch 22, less than jake, and

I <3 the Vodoo Glow Skulls
Word, good stuff.

megahurts said:
hey WOSR, if you were to recommend just one album to get someone who's never listened to this genre before hooked, what would you recommend? I wanna check some of it out and was wondering what to get.

(I've never listened to any ska before)
What type of music do you listen to now? Ska has been blended with a lot of different genres over the years so I normally have found it easy for people to relate to something they already enjoy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts