Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, Here is my review of SiSM's intake.

I got my intake a few weeks ago, and I'll tell you I've never loved any intake as much as this one. The gains of a Cold Air Intake but the sound of a Short Ram Intake. This thing turns heads when people hear it.

I know everyones been going crazy lately about xfactorwrx's intake.
I'll admit I wanted it just like everyone else, but $300 dollars not including shipping just wasn't cutting it for me.

Luckly I found another sponsor that also made an intake similar to that with the same gains and it was half that price too!

SiSM

After I installed it I could tell right away that the pulled was stronger, and the car was pushing harder too. The RPMs were shooting up too. So all in all you can feel the gains this intake gives you right away. Not to mention that the v-tec hits alot hard and sounds so good.

If you want one of these just like everyone else, but don't want to put down $300 for it contact:

Si Speed 317

Things that came with intake:
Aftermarket Filter
CRV Tubing
Modified MAF Housing
Heat Shield

I promise you, you wont regret it.

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
how much is it?
sweet something besides X' famous intake? looks good how much?
How much???

Dont quote me on that exactly. ask him yourself

I don't get it. Is this just another intake designed by a member or is this from a real company?
Its just another intake by a member

Before and after dyno?
I'm waiting for my exhaust and other things before I go to the dyno

Any Dynos? Price? BTW, the $300 for X's intake does include shipping.
Ohh ok sorry when i asked him back then he said that didnt include shipping

dyno?. is just a copy of another intake btw.
no its not a copy they both created it around the same time.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
I been inside jackolee's car and it pulls hard(even with 4 people in the car), he let me test drive the car and OMG it sounds sick and pulls hard.

You will love the sound and gains from this, not to mention the saving.

·
Registered
8,329 Posts
Hey, I see there are a lot of questions about my intake. I cannot say it is similar to X's intake because I haven't seen his in person. But I can say it yields nearly the same results. I haven't gotten to a dyno yet so I don't know AFR's, but so far the closest thing I have is a GTech Pro and I have hit between 13whp and 18whp using it. It's said to be very accurate, within 1-2 whp according to GTech. I'm not sure if I'll be doing these again, but I was selling them for about $200. There is a mount for it, however I found that using it over the lower part of the stock airbox allows you to change it out when you go to Honda, and also uses the cool air from the stock tubing. I will answer more questions later and post up some more pictures too, but I have to go to the Doctor due to a torn ACL. (FYI I had surgery in May and all has been going well, but I took a weird step on ice today and might have retore it)

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't see the heat shield in any of the pics.
i dont feel like putting it on.... i read somewhere in the cold season it doesnt really help... idk... besides its too cold to mod the car now ill put it on when it feels warmer...

but if you want to see the heat shield ill take a picture of it for you right now proof that i have it

·
Premium Member
21,034 Posts
talk about ripping the design off of X's intake. so i guess for 100 dollars less you get a knockoff intake with little to none R&D. this is the Rota of intakes imo.

i dont even know if this intake has the right to even be called a "SiSM" intake. more like X-Intake STYLE.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Oh boy. It is NOT the same. There is a reason he stopped selling these, he was trying to bank off X's idea and not moding the MAF correctly.

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
talk about ripping the design off of X's intake. and it doesnt include the Apexi filter, which is the best one around. and is he even a sponsor? so i guess for 100 dollars less you get a intake with little to none R&D. this is the Rota of intakes imo.
I have the fujita filter. and Apexi being the best filter is just somones opinion. and i have the fujita becasue i asked for it. he can get any filter you want.
and he use to e a sponsor but he cant handle 3 jobs on top of school

Oh boy. It is NOT the same. There is a reason he stopped selling these, he was trying to bank off X's idea and not moding the MAF correctly.
xfactorwrx 'was' the one modding it incorrectly at first but Si Speed told him how to do it correctly.

and this is just my review of someone elses product i dont want to hear you bad mouth another member

·
Premium Member
21,034 Posts
i edited my reply since i checked out SiSpeed's website. regardless if SiSpeed did tell him how to modify it correctly, how come he doesnt provide dynos that technically SHOULD make more power than the Xintake?

·
Registered
171 Posts
X didn't design anything, HONDA did. X just removed some plastic and called it his own. Pretty sad actually.

talk about ripping the design off of X's intake. and it doesnt include the Apexi filter, which is the best one around. so i guess for 100 dollars less you get a knockoff intake with little to none R&D. this is the Rota of intakes imo.

i dont even know if this intake has the right to even be called a "SiSM" intake. more like X-Intake STYLE.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.