8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
8,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Update 11/1/07
Finally received the Fujita Filter (UPS FTL), installed it on the EX and here's the results:thumb:
Note: Many have been asking about me dynoing this intake:: I have not dynoed this intake. I do have a GTech Pro, I have just found instructions online (Google FTW)! This weekend is 'GTech' day. Not sure if it's Saturday or Sunday, but either way it's this weekend. I'll be doing Stock vs. SiSM Intake runs for both my Si and this EX. I'll post up more info and pics this weekend - weather permitting. The GTech website says that the GTech Pro is accurate, within 1%. That will be the base until I find a dyno place that's not $250 for 2 runs after bargaining. :thumb:

"(Really Really Mini) Meet Pictures"

Before:

After:

Yes the heatshield is too low/too close to the filter. It doesn't actually sit that way, updated pictures will be taken and posted this weekend.

Edit:
Again, this is on a 2007 Honda Civic EX coupe.
I am selling this for both coupe and sedan, for DX, LX, EX, and EX-L Models. This is what it will look like, but with a Higher Flow Fujita Filter. Information can be found HERE.

·
Six eyes
5,010 Posts
Nice... is that the bottom half of the stock airbox underneath? Can it be removed as well or is it connected to the stock tubing as well? You'd think I'd remember since I put in an intake.......

·
Registered
8,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The bottom half of stock airbox is kept underneath. It helps get some cooler air to the filter. It can be removed, but since this is the first EX that I've done a custom intake for, I mounted it to the bottom part of the stock airbox. I might just make a mount for it later on - I'll let you know.
I forget his username on 8th, but he's a local.

·
Registered
8,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, it's on the website now. I'll add the link to the bottom of the first post. Also, his Fujita Filter is on it's way. UPS takes TOO long.

·
Registered
8,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nbp06Si said:
^ how does he like it??
To tell you the truth, he made me laugh. He calls me about 1 minute after he leaves my house and yells into the phone saying 'DUDE THIS SOUNDS SICK I F*CKIN LOVE IT!! ITS SOO SICK'. He'll be on later tonight. He said he's working till 11:30ish tn.

·
Registered
8,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nbp06Si said:
^ you gotta stop by the meet so i can see yours! Im looking for a short ram
Definitely :thumb: I work on wednesdays until about 10:30, so I could meet up after that or on the weekend and a couple of us could go get something to eat. Let me know in the LI thread, and let me know about your fg2!! I can't wait till you get it back. I'll be setting up a photoshoot for a bunch of us one weekend that's nice :thumb:

jackolee said:
im got one for my si too its going to be so sick
so many people are going to turn heads when i drive off campus
You're gonna love it :biggrin: :wavey:

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
Si Speed 317 said:
Definitely :thumb: I work on wednesdays until about 10:30, so I could meet up after that or on the weekend and a couple of us could go get something to eat. Let me know in the LI thread, and let me know about your fg2!! I can't wait till you get it back. I'll be setting up a photoshoot for a bunch of us one weekend that's nice :thumb:

You're gonna love it :biggrin: :wavey:
i already love it lol

·
Registered
8,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
07LXcoupe said:
Will this give our motors a good gain in power like for the k20? Any dyno #'s yet?
The gains are different from the K20. There are gains, however we don't know exactly what they are yet. There aren't any vanes like the k20 MAF housing. I've come up with an idea that might work out pretty well, but it's a stretch. I'll update you guys soon, possibly this weekend. :thumb:

iknowmysh1t said:
No, I can't see the pictures but it seems that he just cut a rectangle in the rubber coupler - NOT a good idea. Nothing is actually keeping that MAF sensor on there. It's a good idea, but not quite smart.

·
Registered
968 Posts
is there anyway that you can use the original top cover or fabricate a piece that would enclose the filter in the lower part of the original intake so that it would still suck in air only from the oem location?

1 - 20 of 69 Posts