8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another question before I get my SI at the end of the month...

How do the SI's do in the snow??? Northeast Ohio here and unfortunately I do not have the option of an extra car for the winter. The SI will be my daily driver year round.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
They do pretty well with snow tires on them...I live in Pittsburgh, and drive to Northern PA a lot to visit people. It gets around great, just keep the tires from spinning and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I drive mine all year and im rockin the all seasons and i havent had any problems but i dont drive a lot because school is just down the street for me.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I had my Si sedan in the winter in Chicago and never had a problem getting around even with snow on the ground. The VSA would kick on and no problems.

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
Front wheel drive cars usually do pretty well in snow and ice. The main factor is going to be your tires. If you have a set of snow tires to throw on during the right seasons theres no reason the Si couldnt be your daily driver. However, keep a set of sticky dry tires on in the snow and you wont be a happy camper!

·
Registered
511 Posts
I've driven the SI on snow with the stock all seasons and it wasn't bad. As long as you drive moderately slow in the turns, its not bad. Now a V8 Mustang(I've owned 5), that things breaks loose on wet ground. I would never drive that on snow.

·
Banned
577 Posts
i live in western mass like prob 15 min from vt. and i have bf goodrich g-force tires witch are uhp tires and i do pretty good. btw we have a good 1ft of snow right now. but as long as u take it easy on ur car and don't go too crazy u should be fine.

·
Registered
55 Posts
You can drive any car in the snow if you know how to handle it.

When you live where I'm from you get lots of practice handling cars in the snow.

People drive more powerful RWD cars than mustangs around here in the snow.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I'm on the western part of PA. I won't let my Si touch the snow. it's in a garage all wrapped up (all I need is another reason for Honda to not paint my car.. going on 7 months now) I drive my 96 civic in the winter

like others have said, get a nice set of snow tires and you'll be fine. my friend used the stock tires on his last winter and hated it. he upgraded to snow tires and said so far this season he hasn't had any problems

·
myspace.com/assistant_ar
5,306 Posts
like others have said, get a nice set of snow tires and you'll be fine. my friend used the stock tires on his last winter and hated it. he upgraded to snow tires and said so far this season he hasn't had any problems
tell your friend leave home 1 hour early before his/her work time or school starts so his not driving 100mph+ in snow weather ITS ALL ABOUT THE DRIVER it doesn't matter if you have a STEEL SPIKED tire IF YOU CANT DRIVE IT WONT CHANGE

j/k but for real its all about the river :thumb:

·
Registered
853 Posts
lol.. yeah.. I drive 45 min back and forth to work everyday. it's all highway driving, but going up in the "mountains" gets pretty rough. I had to start waking up at 5 to get here around 7 - 7:30

taking your time and knowing your car definitly helps

·
Registered
281 Posts
Living in Maine we get a lot of snow....Si + All-Weather Nokians + LSD = Fantastic in Snow...I can say this is one of the better cars I've driven in snow.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts