8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Sirius vs XM

2K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  jdm8thgen 
#1 ·
ahh the classic debate on satellite radio. is it official that honda went with XM? i personally like Sirius better

#8 ·
el_ben2 said:
lol here in mexico u can get ilegal copys of all u want... from dvds($8 lls each), ps2 games(1 dll each), pc software (4 dll per cd), audio cds (2 dlls)... really cheap... lol
hehe here dvds go for about $5 and cds for $4 but thats without haggling :cool:

plus cops around here are really cracking down on selling illegal copies or "piracy" as they call it. a well known store by where i live got shut down by police because they were selling copies of cds. the cops took everything, including their computers with fire sharing programs on them and teh cds :mad:

everytime i see one of those anti-file sharing billboards in the mall or along the highway or elsewhere i laugh. like thats gonna stop people from downloading free music

albundy said:
burning cds? ... thats so 1999 =)

-satellite radio
-mp3 players in car. nothing beats having a 20gb + hard drive in ur car, interchangeable songs, whenever u want... bleh i could go on forever.
personally id rather have an extra 10 bucks in my wallet every month instead of having satellite radio but to each is own :)

#11 ·
I prefer Sirius too...

I thought I read somewhere sometime back that the government was going to make mfg's of Satellite radio make their components to where the customer could choose either XM or Sirius...

I've yet to read anymore on the issue, which sucks because I'd rather have Sirius too...

I reckon if I buy an SI/Nav I'll install a carputer and have Sirius through that system...

#12 ·
um i have sirius and i call to see if there was an interface to be able to chang the xm to sirius. there is one. A company makes it. i call and they only have older hondas. plz start calling the guy to make the interface for newer hondas. the site is this: WWW.SOUNDGATE.COM

desmond,
wilmington nc

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.