8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 2006 honda civic si with the upgraded sound system. Well im sure other people are having the same issues as I am with the plastic in the back making a horrible rattling sound. Well this is very very easy to fix. All you need is to go to your local hardware store or maybe even grocery store and but a 16 pack of the little felt pads that go on the bottoms of your chair to keep them from scratching wood floors. Here is a link to where you can buy some online.Felt Pads for Leg or Glide Bottoms
All you do is stick two of them back to back or sticky side to sticky side and then wedge them between the back glasss and the plastic to keep it from rattling. It also sometimes rattles between the ceiling and the back glass and you can also shove some of these up there to stop that from rattling.
Any questions just ask

·
Banned
8,267 Posts
Good to know! I bought exactly those from Bed Bath and Beyond and placed them on the underneath of my rear plates. That stopped the plate rattling from whenever I closed the trunk, ...and any future bass plans. Package came with 16 of them, ...now I know what to do with some of the extra.

Pics of exactly where you placed them?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Umm i can do that tonight when i get home after school. Also in the trunk where the little plastic thing covers the sub i actually showed a folded piece of electrical tape in a certain part to stop it from rattling.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pictures for the simple bass fix.

I have an 2006 honda civic si with the upgraded sound system. Well im sure other people are having the same issues as I am with the plastic in the back making a horrible rattling sound. Well this is very very easy to fix. All you need is to go to your local hardware store or maybe even grocery store and but a 16 pack of the little felt pads that go on the bottoms of your chair to keep them from scratching wood floors. Here is a link to where you can buy some online.Felt Pads for Leg or Glide Bottoms
All you do is stick two of them back to back or sticky side to sticky side and then wedge them between the back glasss and the plastic to keep it from rattling. It also sometimes rattles between the ceiling and the back glass and you can also shove some of these up there to stop that from rattling.
Any questions just ask Here are some pictures.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its the black stoppers and tan stoppers. The black ones are the same as the tan just wrapped in electrical tape to kind of blend in.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This really really really help. I put them in and i hear absolutly no rattling. The bass sound almost ten times better because you can hear it instead of plastic rattling

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Im almost willing to bet that the coupe and the sedans are almost identicle in what rattleyou should be able to do the exact same places.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts