8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Haha thats crazy man.. look at the headlights, front bumper shape and wheels. Those are the only similiarities that I can spot.

·
Still dropping trout
16,213 Posts
Odaisn said:
CSX is manlier!
IDK man.. I see the ion RL and instantly think about the 215-220 whp stock and it puts a smile on my face.
That being said I love the csx.

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
220 WHP STOCK???

How can they be rated at 205hp at the crank then dyno 220 at the wheels?

Those Ion RL and Slowbalt SS/SC are junk.

·
Still dropping trout
16,213 Posts
si_civic said:
220 WHP STOCK???

How can they be rated at 205hp at the crank then dyno 220 at the wheels?

Those Ion RL and Slowbalt SS/SC are junk.
Stock Ion redline dyno:

This is a regular occurance.. They were WAY underrated from the factory, to say the least. Plus, they are actually built pretty solid. Say what you want, but ion redlines and cobalt ss/sc's are seriously impressive underdogs. The ion rl with the competition package can handle very well, not to mention it has a higher whp/higher wtq and lower weight when compared to an si. The only reason that they usually have unimpressive 1/4 mile times is because most people just simply don't know how to drive them.. They try to launch them like they would an n/a car and just spin through first, give up, and bog in 2nd.
There are a couple of members here with ion r/l's that can back it up. Matter of fact, the dyno above is from a member here, NoRemorse. Matter of fact, he could've had a higher peak hp if he had simply disconnected the boost bypass, but he didn't want to do it because then it wouldn't have been a true stock dyno run.

link to thread for further discussion

/threadjack (sorry op)

I see the similarites between the ion rl and the csx, but that's only from one angle. I really respect the hell out of ion rl's and all, but the csx is leagues ahead of it as far as design goes IMO. The csx with a lip kit is just... sexy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts