8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
How do these compare to the regular Silverstars? My experience tells me the regular Siverstars don't last very long. It seems like I have to replace them once a year in the wifey's Pilot.

·
Pillar of Objectivity
8,915 Posts
This has been discussed in several previous threads, including those with quality pictures.

I think they are noticeably whiter looking, and I have never had any problems with short term livespan with my Silverstars, though I know many do.

They are totally worth the money, in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Compared to the regular SilverStars, the Ultras are 10x better. They are brighter and whiter. No HIDs for sure, but damn nice halogen bulbs.

As far as lifespan, I ran regular SilverStars on my Z32 for 2 years and they are still burning strong (from what I know from the current owner). I've had Ultras on my Si for almost a year now and no problems except for putting them in lol.

Worth it if you don't want non-retro bulbs.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just got them installed at Honda. and my rear sway too! I can say the bulbs def are brighter and better. Not better than retros. But I don't want hids or retros since i am
selling soon.

Theres my review. Theya re great for the money. Lows and highs off ebay brand new sealed for 40$

·
Registered
513 Posts
I just got them installed at Honda. and my rear sway too! I can say the bulbs def are brighter and better. Not better than retros. But I don't want hids or retros since i am
selling soon.

Theres my review. Theya re great for the money. Lows and highs off ebay brand new sealed for 40$
$40 for the pair?

·
Registered
636 Posts
Are there such things as silverstars for the turn signals? If not, wut leds could I get to match my silverstar ultra high and low beams? CivicCoupe06 could u PM that seller info?

·
Registered
138 Posts
There is such a thing as Silverstar turn signals. They have this special coating that looks bluish when not lit, but when you turn your signal on they are acually amber. They look good if you have cleared signal lenses. In my opinion on the Silverstar Ultra bulbs......great bulbs!!!! I drove up north this past weekend where there are no highway lights, and i must say they light up very good! It's amazing on how much of a difference it looks compared to other cars on the road. Nice colour too!!!!!!! Great for the price!

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My passenger side seems abit high. I have to get it adjusted. Not sure about fogs. He doesn't have anything in sctock now. But he will soon.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
I more of a 3000k hid kid

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
the reason some peoples bulbs dont last that long is because they touch the bulbs with their fingers. the oils from your hands will f them up. use rubber gloves and they will last a long time.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Actually they are extremely better. Showing them aon a garage door does not do anything for me. It is the road comparison. The Stocks suck in the rain, so these ultras light up the road and its mother. The stocks are yellowish, ultras are white.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts