8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok have a question

I want to do option 3 for my sidemarkers that is when the sidemarkers are on with parking lights and interchange with turn signal its wig wag from what I read. now I want this way buy I am planning on making my own harness by following the diy here. So i am just confused on how to make it work with only two wires

any help will be great thanks

·
Registered
404 Posts
ok have a question

I want to do option 3 for my sidemarkers that is when the sidemarkers are on with parking lights and interchange with turn signal its wig wag from what I read. now I want this way buy I am planning on making my own harness by following the diy here. So i am just confused on how to make it work with only two wires

any help will be great thanks
By this you mean that the side marker will switch back and forth with the front and rear turn indicator correct?

·
Wegue Wegue
12,785 Posts
Whose harness DIY?*grins*

You only need two wires.

Ground and power. Hook it up like it describes with option 3.

If you want option 3, wire your power wire from the sidemarker to the turn signal to the blue or brown wire and your sidemarker ground wire to the red wire.

Black(of the harness) goes to Red (my bad). and Power (red of the harness) goes to either Blue or Brown, depending on the side, drivers or passengers. That's it, two wires.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well its not the first time i hack into wires of a car but what I am trying to figure out is that option 3 thats in the diy says you connect positive wire off the sidemarker to the blue or brown wire which is the turn signal then the ground for the sidemarker to red wire of the corner light? now thats not the hard part my question is is it safe to do it like that will I blow any fuses or mess up the wiring completley?

If anything I am just going to wire it for them to blink and call it a day lol:eek:hsnap:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.