8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

541 - 560 of 562 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Ohhh shoot, look what came in.

That would be some DC5 markers off eBay and some 9006 bulb extension harnesses of Amazon. I am going to splice the male 9006 connector into my turn signal harness with solder and liquid electrical tape and finish it off with some OEM-looking loom. This will be a complete, weatherproof harness DIY...look for it sometime later in the week.

·
Administrator
45,039 Posts
I do not. I know adding another bulb in parallel is going to decrease overall impedance in the turn signal circuit. A couple people said option 3 will give you hyper blink, but then again there are posts of peoples' successes.

I will *not* be using LEDs, so will adding standard bulbs in this configuration freak it out and give it that ghetto fantastic super fast blink? :corngrin:
I have always done the "option 3" method and never had that issue, with both regular bulbs and LEDs

·
Registered
111 Posts
A sneak preview of tonight's progress:

things about to get freaky

testing my solder joints (yes, I have a center channel on my desk)

more to come.

·
Registered
111 Posts
One more set of photos.

Everybody all soldered up:

Liquid electrical tape on the connections:

Finished product, with loom and (standard) electrical tape wrapped every foot or so:

Lit up on 12V:

Needless to say, I am incredibly excited to install these into the unsuspecting subject.

·
Registered
111 Posts
So I am using the metal nibblers recommended by a previous poster, and I can say that I DO NOT RECOMMEND THESE! They work, but the sheetmetal around the edges is bent outward and honestly looks terrible. I am trying to figure out a way to remedy this that won't make matters worse. I might take it to a body shop and have them clean it up. Metal nibblers = nasty.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I know this is my 3rd consecutive post, but since I can't edit my previous one:

Public Service Announcement

The metal nibblers combined with the thin-gauge steel of our fenders makes for a wavy-metal mess around the turn signal hole that is very visible at most angles.

LEARN FROM MY MISTAKE! I NEED A NEW FENDER AND ~$500 IN PAINT WORK NOW.

·
Registered
111 Posts
New fender, new paint:

Going to do a DIY of the fender removal/install since the site currently lacks one of those.

·
Registered
101 Posts
is there an aftermarket alternative that can be installed with just drilling a small circular hole? kind of scary to cut this rectangle. my skills are not there yet.

541 - 560 of 562 Posts