8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to the forum and would like your help with this if you can.

I was in an at fault accident a couple of years ago which resulted in my driver's side airbag deploying. I had the car repaired and the mechanic somehow disabled the airbag light on the dash (likely by removing the LED).

Last week I hydroplaned on a highway and struck a concrete barrier. This seemed to have affected the passenger side seatbelt as I'm unable to retract or extend it.

I would like the replace both the side curtain airbag and passenger seatbelt myself, first starting with the seatbelt. I've been researching how to deal with the SRS airbag module located under the center dash.

My questions are, could I buy an identical module and would it be a direct replacement, or would I have to get the replacement programmed? Also, could I buy just a generic EEPROM programmer from EBay or would it need to be specialized?

Please don't judge me I've just had a couple of unfortunate incidents which resulted in no casualties or anyone getting hurt. I just have liability insurance so I don't have to worry about them not insuring my vehicle. It doesn't seem that difficult to install an undeployed airbag or seatbelt and I would like to challenge myself in installing them.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

·
Registered
71 Posts
You might want to talk to the Dealership if its possible to install a new Airbag without doing any coding.

I'm pretty sure you don't want to tell the Insurance Company since they will pretty much total your car at the spot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts