8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
so the 18x8.5 +40 will not require fender rolling? I'm on Sportlines, stock shocks/struts, and stock camber/alignment
Impossible for anyone to say - here is why:

Fender rolling is necessitated by your exact tire choice (not the size only, but the exact brand, tire, etc), and your alignment specs. There is not 1 single alignment spec that all Civic's come out of the factory with, there is a range that is considered to be within spec.

On our own Si, we ran 18x8.5 +40 wheels, with a 225/40/18 Sumitomo HTRZ2's tire, lowered on Sportlines with Tokicko Blue struts (which are OEM replacements), and front/rear SPC camber/toe kit. Our front alignment was about -1.5 degrees front camber and -.75 out back. 0 toe all around. Our fenders/quarters were not rolled, and had very neutral handling

That being said, if you stick to a setup similar to the above, you should not have any issues, but the only way to know for sure is your own trial/error

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
well I do have an alignment rack at my disposal... I like these wheels and I definitely like the price. maybe I'll give them a shot in the near future. thanks for the reply.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts