8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok before i make any bold statement let me tell you guys a little bit of my enthusiasm for si. I thaught si was capable of lot of cool stuff which i have been doing recently. i love gliding on the highway in 5th gear and lot more. But this morning i made a left turn around 40mph (i have done this before like a ltttle drift squeak and back on track) car got out of control bad and slamed the side boundaries of the road. i thaught it was going to flip and freaked me out for a second. it scratced half of my front brand new rim (easily notice able rash) fortunately it was just the wheels that slammed so no body damage. "road wasn't wet"

thats not the where i hated since i am not a hardcore driver so i take it on me.

but while way back i almost slammed in a car in front of me i mean 2 inch gap OMG the breaks just gives up! I started using brakes like 30 feet before and i was going 50mph. Brakes suck!

yes brakes suck on si!

why not they gave brembo like they had on the autoshow prototype si

i now personally think si is not capable of lot of stuff and i will just save miles on it so that i can trade hopefully for evoX

sorry to say all this and pardon my bad english

Attachments

·
Registered
360 Posts
We all hate to call you out on this man, but that's no body's fault but your own. Just cause you can't hold a line with the car dosn't mean you blame the machine. I feel sorry for your si & probably for the evoX if you ever get it

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
Si will loose a fan? Loose means "not tight". Do you mean lose?
Sounds like you need all wheel drive to compensate for your driving skills.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
retard!!! the si isnt the supercar you thought it was, its your fault you dont know how to drive and hit the curb. you probably wont get any sympathy in this thread so maybe its not such a bad thing to lose you as a "fan"

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
1. Those look like the stock all-seasons. Stock all seasons are wear > grip. They won't hold in a corner for long, especially if you're "drifting" or as I see it, letting go of the gas mid-corner, then slamming on the throttle again.

2. Please drive safely. 50mph w/ 30 feet of distance? Right. You'd have been better off veering.

I will admit the brakes are a bit weak, but most people have fixed this with stainless steel brake lines.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Civic Pride said:
My brakes on my lx are great one time i stop at like 70mph the abs came on and all, and am sure the si has better brakes.
ya i will get lx to put miles and save gas but def will think hard again if si will be my spirit car.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
holy EFFING cow said:
When will people learn to stop posting "Hey guys, I drive like an ******* but you should have pity on me!" threads?
first EXcivicjon, now this guy?

Stop pretending you're superman and learn how to drive.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
3pac2k6 said:
first EXcivicjon, now this guy?

Stop pretending you're superman and learn how to drive.
holy EFFING cow is a good poster he is quite correct about it.
I mean seriously what kind of sympathy are you looking for if your driving crazy thinking your car has 100% grip through 90 degree turns.:eek:hsnap:

·
Registered
595 Posts
The car has nothing to do with your ability to handle a corner at 40. If you dont know how to take turns or yet alone drive the proper distance then take the BUS. The evo X wont make any thing differant. You will probally take the same turn the same way if not faster,fishtail and hit the same curb. Grow up learn how to do the manuveur then practice and practice and save money for better tires. Quit bein CHEAP.

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
Actually, with the Evo, you'd stand to do exactly the same thing -- probably just faster. 4WD cars have a tendency to understeer. Irregardless, as I've said a few posts up -- learn to drive first.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.