8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i was wondering who would win in a 1/4 mi drag race, my si (mods= DCRH, K&N Intake) against a IS300 who dyno'd 208.2whp...ive murdered him once but he wants to go to a drag strip and get his manhood back...
so what do ya'll think my chances are

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
i think it would be a drivers race, he'd probably pull on you first but you'd catch up to him in no time and it'd be real close in the end.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
4sure thanks guys...i'll admit i was scared for a lil bit but i guess i really shouldn't be...u think i should mix in some race gas just to really murder this guy, or you think i'll be fine

·
Still dropping trout
16,213 Posts
Hey check it out, it's one of the Site Rules!!!!

17. Street racing related threads are not permitted and will be deleted on sight. No questions asked. 8thcivic.com does not tolerate nor condone illicit activities.
Closed!!

[edit] I just traded PM's with OP and I agreed to open this back up after editing a few posts and deleting a few posts.

Please keep that rule in mind when posting in any thread here on 8thcivic. It is very simple, street racing discussion is not permitted nor is it condoned by the staff here at 8thcivic, and we reserve the right to delete/close/edit any threads where street racing is mentioned at any point in time.

·
Registered
11,889 Posts
I am a proud supporter of Si Vs threads..... not when it gets as lame as Si Vs Corolla.

Speaking of Si Vs...... I was sitting in one of the lights (red)...... these frat boys in a huge luxurious truck comes right by me and says.... WANNA RACE!!!!

Thanks to 8th civic....I had ballz to tell em that im not a Ricer..... put my windows up and took off the way i always do....

Had i not been a part of 8th.... i would have probably gone for it.

·
Banned
95 Posts
kashracing said:
4sure thanks guys...i'll admit i was scared for a lil bit but i guess i really shouldn't be...u think i should mix in some race gas just to really murder this guy, or you think i'll be fine

are you for real:iorun: race gas wouldnt make much of a difference on ur car mostlikely none u should be able to take that is300 for sure tho those things are slow!

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
Race fuel might or might not help. If our ECU is really good at detecting a higher octane level it might advance the timing which would equal to more power.

I know for sure the BMW M3 E46 has a really great ECU that does that and it responds well.

But someone should do a dyno to see if power gain is really noticeable. (And please no butt dynos)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts