8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to use my 2G and 16G thumb drives on the Si USB port. The 2G worked like a charm but got UNSUPPORTED message on the 16G. Any one tried 4G and 8G? I would like to know if they are compatible before buying them.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Any size will work, you can hook an external USB hard drive up and it will work.

You have to put the usb stick into a computer first and format it as FAT32. Even if it says it already is FAT32, just reformat and it will work.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
A 16gb Sandisk Cruzer Micro works...I just don't like how slow it reads USB flash drives compared to iPods/iPhones...
That's weird, I have the exact same 16G thumbdrive and it didn't work for me.

can u put folders on the thumb drive so u dont have to flip thru 500 songs? and just do folders?
Yes, you can put folders on the drive and browse by folder.

·
Registered
572 Posts
i have a 16gb ocz diesel and those things are fast and work great. just remember to format in fat32 like the above poster said. as far as folders you can skip through folders with the turn dial and then skip through each track with the skip track button. also on the steering wheel if you hold the skip track button for like 2 seconds or more it switches folders which is really neat. everything works so well and seemlessly that i prefer it to cd's or mp3 players including ipods. usb integration ftw! (although the only negative i find is that if you don't have nav then sorting through all ur folders will become messy)

·
Registered
102 Posts
One thing about the USB interface is the folder list is not alphabetical, I can't even figure out what kind of sort order it is. BTW, I have the non-Navi model.
Its in the order you copy the files/directories to the usb stick.

So the songs you first copied on will play first, and ones added on afterwards will play in their respective order.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.