8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been offline for a few months, so I am out of touch on current news.

What's the current state of affairs on Turbo's?

Does anyone have an EMS out yet that works?

Is Greddys new kit good?

Are people still running so lean they are about to detonate, or experiencing stalling issues etc?

-Freq

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Freq18hz said:
I've been offline for a few months, so I am out of touch on current news.

What's the current state of affairs on Turbo's?

Does anyone have an EMS out yet that works?

Is Greddys new kit good?

Are people still running so lean they are about to detonate, or experiencing stalling issues etc?

-Freq
AJP = kicked off the site

No.

Sometimes.

Yeah, maybe?

If you are wondering.. testpipe vs stock cat converter nets 0 whp overall but does gain around 6whp at vtec crossover. Also with the testpipe VTEC dip is eliminated. Go figure.

·
Banned
6,166 Posts
Wait for full race if you really want go turbo, word is that they are making one... Of course Comptech stage II or redshift isn't a bad idea.

·
Banned
1,722 Posts
word might be wrong. I emailed them when I bought my car in June and Full-Race said no plans. I dont think they could whip out a kit in 5 months with the ECM game the way it is. I turned my back on All Motor and gave up on waiting and bought a revised AJP kit from a member who is upgrading to a boosted IS300. I am one of the lucky FL natives though who seem to be the only ones not having any significant problems. Ive spoken to a number of people down here who have it and have nothing but good stuff to say so far.

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
full race will make it, just got to wait for hondata to release something with tuning options. if i go turbo and don't trade my car for a bmw, a full race kit will be in my fg2

·
Banned
1,722 Posts
ive never known full-race to offer any tuning with their kits in the past. I suppose they know there is no market currently. smart choice by them i guess to not make a kit for us. once someone cracks our ecu all full-race will have to do is revise an rsx setup and boom.. they have a kit.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
^^I agree without a good tuning option ANY kit good or bad can turn out to be a problem for the end consumer. :thumb:

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
AJP got kicked off the site? Whaaa? Can anyone give me a brief explanation on that?

-Freq

XSRCivic said:
AJP = kicked off the site

No.

Sometimes.

Yeah, maybe?

If you are wondering.. testpipe vs stock cat converter nets 0 whp overall but does gain around 6whp at vtec crossover. Also with the testpipe VTEC dip is eliminated. Go figure.

·
Registered
16,555 Posts
HONDATA told me the reflash is as far as there going to go with our car.

·
Banned
6,166 Posts
Whocares05050 said:
HONDATA told me the reflash is as far as there going to go with our car.
But they also said that they will not release any info, so they can just say whatever they want to detour you away from trying to get info on the new programmable ECU.

·
Banned
1,722 Posts
oh yes its all a big conspiracy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts