8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

SI to FIT Good Decision or Worst Mistake Ever

2K views 32 replies 26 participants last post by  Anubis 
#1 ·
hey guys i need some help, im looking to lower my payments, my insurance, and my gas bill so i decided to look into a Fit. The problem is is that I'm not sure if I can go from 200hp to 100hp and have it still be a fun car to drive. I know theres alot of mods to be had for the car but is it still worth it? I'm looking for pros and cons as to why i should or should not do it. All comments are welcomed.

Thank You

#2 ·
Honest I like the little cars lol they trick the **** out of them with k20's and I think thats the only way I would own one. But to save fuel and lower payments go for it!

#3 ·
SPORT injected said:
hey guys i need some help, im looking to lower my payments, my insurance, and my gas bill so i decided to look into a Fit. The problem is is that I'm not sure if I can go from 200hp to 100hp and have it still be a fun car to drive. I know theres alot of mods to be had for the car but is it still worth it? I'm looking for pros and cons as to why i should or should not do it. All comments are welcomed.

Thank You

That's a tough one man.....

My wife has a Fit and it's stock but it's still a blast to drive. I could see my self owning one but i'd make it handle like it's on rails. It'll never be a straight line go fast kinda car but you could make it handle like a champ though.

#4 ·
i drove my Dads grocery getter THE FIT jdm version.

its not bad at all....but yea... ul miss the Si thrills. You wont be racing on it, hence ur fine.

The car is very smooth, comfy, and nice to look at.

I was never a fan of Honda... until i drove the Accord, and the Fit.

#8 ·
Well I doubt he would k swap it if he is trying to lower payments lol...My advice save money by eating less fast food and other things...I spend so much on fastfood so it really saves not eating it...but I don't think you will be happy with the trade in the power loss is too dramatic

#11 ·
civic si hb said:
My wife has a Fit and it's stock but it's still a blast to drive.
:yeahthat:

For about 1.5 months I had two Honda hatches in my garage. :dancing: The wife's SSM GD3 & my TW EP3. Alas I sold the EP3 & bought a TW FA5. One day I will own another TW EP3.

Surprisingly the GD3 likes to rev because of the gearing of the tranny so that little 1.3L engine can still suck the petrol. The GD3 handles well stock & I could only imagine what it's like lowered. Get an '07 in TW because for '08 TW is not offered.

#12 ·
Why don't you just buy an R18? you will lose power but not alot and the insurance and gas will go down.. Just an idea.

On the other hand my brother drives a honda fit 07 and he likes it, i look at it all the time and its stock lol. am sure if i din't had my civic i will probably had one of those:thumb:

#16 ·
At first i didn't care for the Honda Fit but when my nephew came over and had just purchased one and let me take it for a little spin i was really suprised. The car doesnt have the speed as an Si but it has a little pep and handles great. It's a great choice if your looking into trading in you Si. Hope everything works out and who knows maybe in a year or so you can get back into an Si unless your loving the Fit. Either way im sure you'll be happy

#17 ·
so you'll pay the depreciation on TWO brand new cars versus just one?

seems to me you'll pay a lot more in the end just to save a bit of money now.. plus you're probably resetting your payments to the same term that you started with the Si again... I dunno... I've driven a fit and the Si is heads and tails above that car.

#22 ·
I love those little cars and the reasons u stated for doing it pretty much rationalize the situation. They can be quick too if u ever want to drop a k20 in it later. They also look awesome if u do the jdm swap so then the mugen kit will fit. I am afraid that u will deff miss the si tho.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.