8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a fa5 and had the opportunity to sit in a friend's new 3.8GT. He took one of my favorite corners at the same speed I usually take it at and I felt zero body roll.

I know nothing about the Genesis Coupe's setup but do we have comparable setups available? I'm currently on stock but will have HFP installed once my ankle heals. I'm just suddenly infatuated with the ability to take a corner in similar fashion!

Is it a stiffer spring (only) that helps reduce this body roll? I've seen people debate between tie bars/braces/cages, and others say it's strut bars. But how does connecting suspension points and bracing the chassis reduce body roll? Isn't gravity still putting pressure on the outside tires?

·
Registered
23,477 Posts
Ben there are alot of factors, chassis design, suspension design, chassis stiffness, spring rates, anti roll bars, damper valving, motion ratios, vehicle dimensions, weights etc.

·
Registered
155 Posts
There is a curb weight difference, car's balance, suspension geometry, lower COG, etc, that differentiates between you and the GenCoupe(<-Im looking to pick one up). There are too many factors to consider when asking a question as this, but there is no reason why you cant make your suspension feel the same way. Time to dish out some $$$ ;)

-Aaron

·
Registered
11,043 Posts
HFP suspension, progress or cusco rear sway bar, and camber kits.

Set the camber up front to -2.5 and out back to -1.5

Be prepared to stick to the ground really well. and go through tires fast :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
I hate the genesis. I can't believe you would even compare the Civic SI to that POS. Body roll is one thing the Civic SI will outhandle a Genesis coupe any day. Look at the time attacks, The SI clocks rediculously fast times and the sad thing is Genesis is Turbo pulling out a good amount of power. The Evasive SI is still NA mildly tuned and setup.

Just drive the Genesis and you will see how tacky that car is put together. The shifter in that is such crap. I have nothing but bad things to say about that car. But I don't like jumping in the "Hyundai is shitty because they are cheap cars" bandwagon. I just I hate the fact that they have no originality what-so-ever. And then they jump into a market thinking ooOoO drifting is getting big lets make a rear wheel drive turbo. But then they have no clue how to make it right, so they copy things here and there from other rear wheel drive platforms stick a g35 coupe rearend and then put a mitsubishi engine in it and call it a day.

·
Banned
3,023 Posts
i have drive both cars for a while, im going to give the Genesis track version has better handling than the Si.
1. Tires are way better i think they are 255 in the back. (thats a big plus)
2. Suspension is much stiffer than the Si.
3. Car doesnt feel like it doesnt have much body roll compare to the si.
4. RWD is going to help a lot.
I have only tested the track version that comes with better suspension and tires but i think the regular one will get spank by the Si.

·
Registered
155 Posts
i have drive both cars for a while, im going to give the Genesis track version has better handling than the Si.
1. Tires are way better i think they are 255 in the back. (thats a big plus)
2. Suspension is much stiffer than the Si.
3. Car doesnt feel like it doesnt have much body roll compare to the si.
4. RWD is going to help a lot.
I have only tested the track version that comes with better suspension and tires but i think the regular one will get spank by the Si.
The springs rate between track and normal aren't that different, its a very minor difference. Ive read that just with coilovers, it handles like a train on track..Im pretty sure the car is lower compared to the SI out of the box too. I WANT!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts