8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, I know it's not the best thing to do. I don't have $400 or more for a good suspension and I don't need something really great. The stock Si suspension seems just right for what I'd want (spirited driving with a good, firm feel and CHEAP!).

So, can it be done? Stock coupe Si suspension on a AT EX coupe? Would I see a drop? The same height? A raise? Theoretically, it would fit, but I've done searches here and found people thinking it'd raise your car, some people think nothing would happen, etc.

Has anyone done it with any success?

I know something by Tien or that would be best, but I really don't have that type of money. So, thoughts?

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wally said:
Interesting . . . I have often asked myself that very question . . .

Then, have you seen this thread?
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61181

-W
No, I haven't seen that thread but considering the lowest price is $300 for a RSB (which I already have) and something else versus $175 for an Si suspension... which is cheaper? :thumb:

·
Registered
929 Posts
In theory your car would sit higher because the spring rates are stiffer on the Si suspension and it's a heavier car...

·
Registered
916 Posts
ill sell you the SI suspension from my car for $100 and you pay shipping. Got everything that came off the car.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not looking for people to sell me things! I just want to know the theoreticals of if this would work... And if anyone has tried it before.

·
Banned
1,422 Posts
zenith931 said:
I don't have $400 or more for a good suspension and I don't need something really great.
What planet do I need to go to get a good suspension for $400?

truflip said:
I heard and read here that the Si actually sits slightly higher than its R18 brothers.
According to the Honda interactive network the Civic has the smallest wheel gap of any car in its class.

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
the K20 is a heaver motor than the R18... So ya.. you will at the very least be raised in the Front.

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
If you can't afford a decent drop of springs and a camber kit, I whole-heartedly take back my post encouraging you to trade in for an SI.

That being said, I wouldn't do it. Even IF you did get a drop (which I don't think you will in the least) it's not going to be nearly low enough since no one with an SI thinks it sits low enough already. If I were you, I'd just watch over the suspension sales forum. I beleive right now someone has a set of springs for like $120 shipped..

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I Vtec said:
If you can't afford a decent drop of springs and a camber kit, I whole-heartedly take back my post encouraging you to trade in for an SI.

That being said, I wouldn't do it. Even IF you did get a drop (which I don't think you will in the least) it's not going to be nearly low enough since no one with an SI thinks it sits low enough already. If I were you, I'd just watch over the suspension sales forum. I beleive right now someone has a set of springs for like $120 shipped..
:laughing: Yeah. I'm REALLY in debt with student loans creeping up. I'm just feeling the itch to change something on my car... So it makes me get fidgety. :redface:

·
Registered
696 Posts
zenith931 said:
:laughing: Yeah. I'm REALLY in debt with student loans creeping up. I'm just feeling the itch to change something on my car... So it makes me get fidgety. :redface:
if i were you, i would just wait until i get enough money and then buy. if you buy now you would be in even more debt. you know what i mean?

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
Dude, Just cut you springs son! YOu can Get SLAMMMMMED on dat **** son!

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Chase said:
Dude, Just cut you springs son! YOu can Get SLAMMMMMED on dat **** son!
Uhhhh.. I don't feel like TOTALING my car. :giggle:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts