8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does the Si suspension fit on the non-Si models? basically ive heard that the Si suspension is almost the same as HFP, but its way cheaper.. can anyone confirm this? and is ride height still stock or lower?

·
Registered
18,666 Posts
my gf has my si suspension on her car, car sits a little lower but it's still pretty high off the ground. you can notice that the suspension is more firm.

hfp and stock si suspension aren't the same.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my gf has my si suspension on her car, car sits a little lower but it's still pretty high off the ground. you can notice that the suspension is more firm.

hfp and stock si suspension aren't the same.
oh ok, ill probably get HFP next summer then, thanks for the info =]

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hfp

Front and rear Spring rate on HFP is stiffer than stock Si. (about 1kg/mm increase)
and Dampening is better.

HFP = 25mm lower than stock Si.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Yea but you could buy my Si suspension for way cheaper than HFP. I have the HFP now and other than being a LOT harsher on the bumps the ride is pretty much the same as before. Less than .8 inches difference anyway. The HFP has made ride comfort go way down and people in the back seat are always complaining about getting car sick, which i never had a problem with before.

Here is a before and after pic with the Si suspension then with the HFP. (I took these with my phone)

Not much of a difference.

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
ive also heard that the si suspension actually sits an r18 higher in the front because the k20z3 and 6spd tranny weigh more.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts