8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i was wanting to put a si suspension on my lx but i heard that the si suspension would raise the car. I was wondering if anyone had any pics of before and after or just the si suspension on the lx? Also i was wondering how much higher it raises your car. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
it wont raise it...but keep it the same with a stiffer ride....

if ur lx was low, it would have a better center of gravity which i bet it doesnt...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my lx just has the stock suspension and i dont like it. HFP suspension is too expensive for me and I want the si suspension i just dont want my car to be higher

·
Registered
21,213 Posts
I've never seen it in person but supposedly putting Si springs on an R18 does make it ride higher. The reasoning behind this is that the R18 is lighter than the Si, so it won't push down the stiffer Si springs as much, making the car ride higher.

I'm not sure if this is really the case or not, but it seems to make sense to me.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I could have bought a SI suspension from a local guy for $200 but I really wanted lower so went with Eibach Pro. Didn't want the same or higher ride height.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I've never seen it in person but supposedly putting Si springs on an R18 does make it ride higher. The reasoning behind this is that the R18 is lighter than the Si, so it won't push down the stiffer Si springs as much, making the car ride higher.

I'm not sure if this is really the case or not, but it seems to make sense to me.

I've heard a lot on here if you put stock Si suspension on an dx/lx/ex it will definitely raise the cars ride height. I believe the Si is around 400 pounds heavier or somethin..

·
Registered
37 Posts
I know it<s old post but i confirm 100% the front is higher if you put Si spring.

I just try with Si coupe on my Lx 4 door and i remove it. It<s a good upgrade if you are Koni yellow shock ; )

1 - 9 of 9 Posts