8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got extra 200$ to spend, early merry xmas gift to myself, but since mine is an Automatic, no point in performance upgrades, so I was considering putting a SI spoiler....but mine is an LX and its Atomic Blue.....so should I go ahead and get one..or it'll just make me feel like an wannabe SI ( no "si" emblem on my list) ? I totally love the SI look....10X hotter.....or you guys have a better use for the $200 ( towards the car only :p )

·
Banned
3,352 Posts
Doesn't make you rice. The light on the spoiler won't work unless you get the propor wiring. I installed one on my buddies ex. His was rice because he bought a DOHC sticker.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
I have one on my LX, but i did a trunk swap with an Si owner, i do not like the looks of the cars with the stock spoiler and then they add the Si spoiler on the car and that looks kind of bad.. but since you have only $200 to spend, the spoiler will be something like $200 plus you will have to get it repainted to match your car, and if you want to take the stock spoiler out and fill in the holes, that will be way to much money..

If you don't have HIDs i will say buy yourself a kit and you will enjoy it more..

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have one on my LX, but i did a trunk swap with an Si owner, i do not like the looks of the cars with the stock spoiler and then they add the Si spoiler on the car and that looks kind of bad.. but since you have only $200 to spend, the spoiler will be something like $200 plus you will have to get it repainted to match your car, and if you want to take the stock spoiler out and fill in the holes, that will be way to much money..

If you don't have HIDs i will say buy yourself a kit and you will enjoy it more..
Im getting $130 painted and shipped on ebay.....and ofcourse, I shall be removing the stock one, and getting it done by a professional....but if the stoopid holes have to be filled, I shall pass.....cant do a trunk swap..since SIs don't come in Atomic blue.....Im glad I asked......HIDs in the summer, too cold to work on the car...

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Doesn't make you rice. The light on the spoiler won't work unless you get the propor wiring. I installed one on my buddies ex. His was rice because he bought a DOHC sticker.
emopains, did you remove the stock and get the holes filled for your buddy ? how much more did that cost ?

·
Registered
4,830 Posts

:yeahthat: its ur best option. The holes have to be filled if ur planning to do the spoiler. Do the HIDs. They are nice.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hmmmm.......guess the spoiler is out....200$ is my budget....i had planned on 0$ on this car...but its the fault of all of you guys...your cars look so good.....giving me "needs".....anyways...too cold outside to do an HID DIY.....

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it takes like 10 mins per side for hids man really easy. i wouldnt trust some guy on ebay for paint anyway

what about tint..do you have that done?
No tints for now...but I guess I'll just wait for spring, and then get the HIDs in....clear my corners on the way.....

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I don't have the si spoiler but I like the way this one makes it look.

·
Banned
3,352 Posts
emopains, did you remove the stock and get the holes filled for your buddy ? how much more did that cost ?
He brought us the car and the spoiler. It was a quick fix, and we had to bondo the holes and repaint it. We charged him $150 in patch and labor. Not sure how much he got the spoiler for. Could be easier to just get a whole trunk swap to ensure a working tail light.

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
I would suggest the knock-off mugen wing. It looks better, no wiring needed to make it work right.. you already have the 3rd brake light.. and you're gonna need to drill new holes and fill old ones anyways.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Didn't remove the factory spoiler,but still doesn't look bad
Thanks Mike...that looks nice..nice tints too......the OEM one cant even be noticed and it hardly counts as a spoiler anyways.....guess I might go in for that..put in the plugs like RJJensen said.....

And Im for sure going for Si Rims in the spring....maybe the darker shade.....

thanks guys....:thumb:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts