8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have an '08 EX sedan looking to put a spoiler on. I like the look of the Si spoilers (they're cheaper on this website too), but with the brake light, I'm wondering how extensive it would be to wire the spoiler light. Would I just disconnect the light in the back windshield or something? Not really educated on this stuff

·
Registered
107 Posts
So I have an '08 EX sedan looking to put a spoiler on. I like the look of the Si spoilers (they're cheaper on this website too), but with the brake light, I'm wondering how extensive it would be to wire the spoiler light. Would I just disconnect the light in the back windshield or something? Not really educated on this stuff

View attachment 243869
Very simple. Yes you could tap into the wiring for the existing third brake light or you could tap into one of the other brake lights.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
As stated above or tap into the brake lights on either passages or driver side. That’s the easy part drilling holes and mounting is more intense

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. Not worried about the drilling and mounting as I knew what it entails, just wasn't too sure on the wiring. I'm also wondering where I could find a different light for the spoiler? My head/tails are black (pic shown) and I'd rather match everything, but I'm unsure where to find something that specific if it exists
image3.jpeg

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Well that’s simple Tint the light like everybody does. Just find a percentage that matches close to your tails and apply or take it to a professional to apply. Done this before lol

·
Super Moderator
2,403 Posts
I've played with the idea of getting a spoiler, but haven't pulled the trigger. Anyway, look at your local laws before installing one b/c, at least in PA, if your car comes with the 3rd brake light from the factory, it has to remain functional for it to pass inspection, EVEN IF you install an additional spoiler like this one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts