8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

si specs here....

2K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  ever12 
#1 ·
who needs to wait for the announcement
i got em right here...

K20Z3 engine, 197 hp/139 lbs ft torque (under new SAE power ratings)
6-speed tranny with RSX Type-R's tochigi-fuji helical LSD and taller 6th gear to reduce cruising rpm (+ for gas mileage)
Same brakes as the RSX-S, with ABS and EBD
Michelin Pilot Exalto PE2 tires 215/45-17's -optional summer tires-
( Pilot MXM4 is the standard tire)
2877 lb curb weight

#4 ·
Si weight

The weight noted above makes it heavier than the RSX Type S. Not good. I had hoped they would keep the weight further down from this number. At least it would be cheaper than the RSX and maybe a little bigger inside. Likely the same performance. Wonder whether the RSX-S is to get a more powerful engine to make up the similar performance between the two.

#6 ·
Wonder what kind of hp improvements are noted on the current RSX-S, gains from aftermarket exhaust, turbo (if possible), intake systems...etc. are available to increase the std hp? The RSX-S folks should have alot of knowledge on enhancing this engine. Wonder who might be the guru on this issue. Looking at the potential of turning the new Si into a screamer.

#8 ·
twm3323gtx said:
Wonder what kind of hp improvements are noted on the current RSX-S, gains from aftermarket exhaust, turbo (if possible), intake systems...etc. are available to increase the std hp? The RSX-S folks should have alot of knowledge on enhancing this engine. Wonder who might be the guru on this issue. Looking at the potential of turning the new Si into a screamer.
Most of them can pull a 14.8 with just an intake, and exaust doesnt do much.
Not to mention that Kpro is not available yet for the K20Z series engine. Thats all i know, hope it helps.

#9 ·
Eazy said:
Most of them can pull a 14.8 with just an intake, and exaust doesnt do much.
Not to mention that Kpro is not available yet for the K20Z series engine. Thats all i know, hope it helps.
rsx-s does 14.8 stock with a good driver and good conditions now si has an advantage almost same hp only 40 lbs heavier but has a LSD i bet stock it will get into mid 14's if not lower :laughing:

#10 ·
Since Honda came out with the inteligent i-VTEC, will that potentially lead to longer intake tubes? And perhaps a second stage filter for normal use when it will be passing the air back a forth?...maybe more horses there? or potentially a higher engine life?

Just random thoughts...please let me know.

Also, how do you know those specs are correct DeezV604? I would understand if you saw one and wrote down the item numbers....but how do you get hp #'s?

#12 ·
Eazy said:
Three-door euro civic = CRX???
HAHA YUP!!
but i hear they r gonna change the name to CSX, to fall along the lines of rsx,tsx,nsx,csx..
we'll see..
as far as where i got my hp and tq numbers from, i got it from tov, im not sure if they dynoed it, or if that was the specs they got from honda.. but ive seen it on numerous sites, so my bet is thats the actual specs...

#13 ·
DeezV604 said:
HAHA YUP!!
but i hear they r gonna change the name to CSX, to fall along the lines of rsx,tsx,nsx,csx..
we'll see..
as far as where i got my hp and tq numbers from, i got it from tov, im not sure if they dynoed it, or if that was the specs they got from honda.. but ive seen it on numerous sites, so my bet is thats the actual specs...
meh...
so euro civic = USDM RSX replacement...
it better have more power than 200. Mabye a type r ?

#15 ·
Pretty good write-up! :thumb:

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/FirstDrives/articleId=107050

After driving the Si on the road and racetrack, we agree with page 4 of the 2006 Honda Civic press kit, which states, "Bottom line, the 2006 Civic Si is the best handling, best performing Civic to ever touch tire to asphalt in America."

And the price is right. Not only is it a whole lot less than a membership to the Autobahn Country Club, it will be between $3,500 and $5,000 less than an RSX Type-S.

Save the cash. When the Si hits this fall, the only folks still buying the Acura will be the badge-conscious and lovers of leather seats. Their issues, their loss.

#17 ·
According to edmunds they are gonna be doing major revising to the RSX for 2006 and on. If that is true then I am pretty sure the RSX will have better numbers so it wont get out done by the civic but we will see what happens. Oh and my cousin is a RSX freak(plus he has a '05 rsx type-s) and he says that they arent taking out the RSX.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.