8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=545

2006 Honda Civic SI Specs Release Date is 9-1-05

To celebrate the 20th anniversary of the Civic Si, Honda is breaking new ground to deliver power and performance worthy of its heritage. The show goes on the road to SEMA, where Honda is the 2005 Vehicle Manufacturer of Show. Plus, more than 20 customized Civics are coming along for the ride, brilliantly enhanced by your favorite tuning houses. We'll be charting their progress and bringing you video and project journal updates along the way.

The Civic Si is the car that delivered the modern sport-compact era. It inspires creative modification with every generation. And for 2006, the Si is all new and loaded with tech, making it worthy to once again lay claim as the king of sport compacts.

The countdown has begun.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
http://sema.honda.com/2006civic/index.aspx

off of the honda/sema website

Coupe/Sedan

• 1.8-liter, iVTEC® 4-cylinder engine
• Engine type and number of cylinders: Water-cooled in-line 4-cylinder
• Displacement (cc): 1,799
• Bore x Stroke (mm): 81 x 87.3
• Max. Output (horsepower/rpm)*: 140 hp @ 6300rpm
• Max. Torque (lb-ft./rpm)*: 128 lb.-ft. @ 4300rpm
• Compression Ratio 10.5:1
• Improved fuel efficiency
• Significantly advanced low rpm torque and top-end power

*Horsepower and torque calculations reflect new SAE J1349 procedures revised August, 2004.

Civic Si

• Full Specs released 9/1

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
civic 6thgen = 1.6-liter, 4-cyl engine
civic 7thgen = 1.7-liter, 4-cyl engine
civic 8thgen = 1.8-liter, 4-cyl engine
funny coincidence

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
some dude at tov is claiming that he test drove all the new civics and the si has "si" stitched into the seats and has a 0-60 of 6.9. i duno how credible he is though.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
stupidfool said:
so is the si the silver looking 1 with a black/carbon fiber looking hood?
thats the si concept:

these are spy shots of the actual si:

i was planning on getting it in black but that blue is too nice.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
stupidfool said:
is it true that the civic requires premium fuel? anyone know the mpg?
my guess is that the si will require premium, because of the high compression honda uses to get high power from small engines.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Looking good, can't wait to see the customized civic's. Give us an idea of what to look forward to....

·
Registered
8 Posts
not gonna buy prototype...wait 3 years when they fix all the little bugs and finished doing their stupid little "upgrades" ever year ... jsut like RSX's, every year they do a little something that makes it a little more attractive, and so if u buy the 1st year, u always end up regretting it later

·
Registered
321 Posts
A year maybe. First year is when most bugs are discovered. The less serious ones will slowly trickle in.

With your logic, you could wait year after year thinking that the next one will be better and never end up with one. I say buy year 2 or 3 as everything will be made for the pre-mid-model change 8th gen Civic.

BTW, the engine and tranny have already been extensively tested. The transmission and engine has been tested in the RSX-S (as well as other K-series variants). The only problem I see could be in the suspension but that can be swapped.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Scourge said:
A year maybe. First year is when most bugs are discovered. The less serious ones will slowly trickle in.

With your logic, you could wait year after year thinking that the next one will be better and never end up with one. I say buy year 2 or 3 as everything will be made for the pre-mid-model change 8th gen Civic.

BTW, the engine and tranny have already been extensively tested. The transmission and engine has been tested in the RSX-S (as well as other K-series variants). The only problem I see could be in the suspension but that can be swapped.
also, id much rather not wait too long after a models release, then finance it and still be paying it off when the next major resign comes out. i like it when its smokin hot baby :cool: plus usually minor things arent usually anything a warranty cant fix. i dont think we have to worry too much with honda.

·
Registered
68 Posts
so the release date for the SI is december and the spec release for the SI is in november...i just want to verify this because the dealer here where i live said that the SI release date is in november.....is it?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts