8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Scrodums
9,486 Posts
Wow, an Ottawa member. Where did you buy your Si?

I would recommend you buying from The Tire Rack - Your performance experts for tires and wheels and having them shipped to the UPS Store in Ogdensburgs, New York. It's only a 40-45 minute drive and it will save you a lot of money. I was quoted $1300 for a set of Blizzak WS-60 w/ OEM Honda Steelies from The tire shop but I got them for ~650 from The Tire Rack after shipping. Otherwise, You can use The Tire Rack or Costco. You could find a set of Michelin X-Ice w/ a pair of steelies (probably non-OEM) for ~$900.

By the way, we have a small Ottawa group! http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/canada-east/13570-ottawa-civic-owners-87.html

·
Registered
3 Posts
Tireworks

I just got Gislaved winter tires from Tireworks in Mississauga. Price on the tires was very good. I also bargained them down on the price of rims. Excellent service and I couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I got my car at Dow Honda. I was thinking of just getting the Goodyear Nordics since they are on sale this week. I was just looking for something cheap. It seems really hard to find 16 inch steelies (none in stock at any costcos or canadian tires).

Wow, an Ottawa member. Where did you buy your Si?

I would recommend you buying from The Tire Rack - Your performance experts for tires and wheels and having them shipped to the UPS Store in Ogdensburgs, New York. It's only a 40-45 minute drive and it will save you a lot of money. I was quoted $1300 for a set of Blizzak WS-60 w/ OEM Honda Steelies from The tire shop but I got them for ~650 from The Tire Rack after shipping. Otherwise, You can use The Tire Rack or Costco. You could find a set of Michelin X-Ice w/ a pair of steelies (probably non-OEM) for ~$900.

By the way, we have a small Ottawa group! http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/canada-east/13570-ottawa-civic-owners-87.html

·
Scrodums
9,486 Posts
Dow Honda eh? not so good from what I hear
I've gotten great service from their sales department. Their service on the other hand is very disappointing.

I got my car at Dow Honda. I was thinking of just getting the Goodyear Nordics since they are on sale this week. I was just looking for something cheap. It seems really hard to find 16 inch steelies (none in stock at any costcos or canadian tires).
I originally bought my first 2006 Civic from Kien at Dow Honda. It was a pleasant experience.

The Nordics aren't bad. I'd definitely jump on them if they were on sale.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've gotten great service from their sales department. Their service on the other hand is very disappointing.

I originally bought my first 2006 Civic from Kien at Dow Honda. It was a pleasant experience.

The Nordics aren't bad. I'd definitely jump on them if they were on sale.

Ya, I'm very happy with Dow Honda too. I purchased my accord last year from there too. Got really good deals from their sales department. I have to call around to find some steelies before I pick up the nordics. I know dow has the 16 inch steelies for 70 something but kinda want to see if I can find it elsewhere first.

·
Scrodums
9,486 Posts
I dug up my old private messages from another board and here's a response I've gotten from The Tire Shop:

16" OEM fit steel wheels- $61 each
If you're finding steelies for $70+ elsewhere, then it'd save you roughly $40 to $50.

·
VIP Member
12,350 Posts
25% off the Nordics is pretty good. I got mine at 15% off.
I've only seen one sale that was better.
If I recall correctly, it was 40% off around summer time last year.

I have these right now and they do the job quite well. They actually ride better on snow covered roads than dry/wet roads (rides better as in quieter, smoother and feels better overall) My only complaint is that they are way noisy on highways. You can hear them whine at volume 8-10 on the radio. lol

I've never had any other winter tires so I cant really compare them. Good luck shopping around!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Can anyone confirm if the 16 inch steelies from Honda will fit on the SI? I heard from one of my local dealers that it might not fit. People in Ottawa that have 16 inch steel rims on their SI, can you let me know where you got your rims from?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.