8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I been driving manual transmisson for 15 years now, I consider my self a good driver and has a some track experience. I had much powerful car than Si before. But for some reason I feel like when I drive the Si hard I really need to pay attention when shifting gear, I changed my tranny fluid allready with amsoil so I don't grind 3rd gear anymore. Is it just me or I'm not paying attention when shifting? that's why I miss shift like once a month. Is the stock clutch don't go in that quick, because this is my 1st (manual) new car so I'm used with act clutch, all my previous cars before have act clutch and lightened flywheel.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
may need to adjust the slave pin a thred or 2. im using the ACT_HDSS kit and had to add washers to the pivot ball and get that pin in the slave in just the right place ,,love it now but know all the tricks if you plan to go heavy duty stage 2 or higher,, im also runnin the prolite FW 8.4lbs, i culd shift smooth in low rpms and once over 7000 i had to jam it into all gears ..finally figured mine out and its perfect now...

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
i'l tell u what,, i had the master cyclinder replaced @25k and now the car shifts nice...before my girl would b*tch about my shifting and what not.. this is my 9th stick, i knew it was the car....and bam new mater cyclinder and my shifts are smooth....check it out....oh i also had the third and second gear fix too...

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
dang.
idk your only option now is to take it to honda and pray to god that it grinds and you dont look like a fool claiming that your tranny is crap.

i took mine in a long time ago and they claim that they cant duplicate the problem, so they dont do anything about it.

my tranny actually blew out one time and the stealership made me pay 300 bucks for a new clutch and some repairs that they did because they claimed it was my fault.

im gonna wait till my tranny get messed up and then imma go to the m again to cover it under warantee.
if they dont, imma come back with a lawyer, because im not paying for a faulty tranny AGAIN.

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
I haven't experienced any issues at all in my 09 FA5 with going into gears or shifting at whatever RPM. I've only mis-shifted once going into 3rd and it was my fault since my timing was off.. All in all I'm glad to say I haven't any issues with the tranny and I like the si transmission overall.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
dang.
idk your only option now is to take it to honda and pray to god that it grinds and you dont look like a fool claiming that your tranny is crap.

i took mine in a long time ago and they claim that they cant duplicate the problem, so they dont do anything about it.

my tranny actually blew out one time and the stealership made me pay 300 bucks for a new clutch and some repairs that they did because they claimed it was my fault.

im gonna wait till my tranny get messed up and then imma go to the m again to cover it under warantee.
if they dont, imma come back with a lawyer, because im not paying for a faulty tranny AGAIN.

I don't have the 3rd gear grinding anymore(amsoil), and my tranny shift like butter in regular driving, I only miss shift from the dig in 1st gear 8k to 2nd.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I been driving manual transmisson for 15 years now, I consider my self a good driver and has a some track experience. I had much powerful car than Si before. But for some reason I feel like when I drive the Si hard I really need to pay attention when shifting gear, I changed my tranny fluid allready with amsoil so I don't grind 3rd gear anymore. Is it just me or I'm not paying attention when shifting? that's why I miss shift like once a month. Is the stock clutch don't go in that quick, because this is my 1st (manual) new car so I'm used with act clutch, all my previous cars before have act clutch and lightened flywheel.
yea dude i had the same problem. mine would always catch and grind going in third. i changed the the third gear syncro and that fixed the problem. now shifts like butter!
good luck!

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
no problems here with smooth, efficient shifting, but it definitely took me a good 6 months to warm up to it. i agree, in that it can be rather stubborn to get the hang of. most of my problems were with throttle input while shifting. it took me at least a month to get used to the revs not dropping as quickly as my last civic. now that i've acclimated to the difference in engine deceleration, it actually makes shifting a little easier on the feet, but more guesswork in the head.

as far as misshifting goes, never done it. (well, i've caught myself land in the wrong gear from time to time, but it's instantaneous and i don't engage the clutch.) every time this has happened that i recall, i wasn't resting my elbow on the arm rest. i think forming that joint is very important, or it may just be what i'm used to.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
i have that same problem shifting into 2nd at 8000rpms and its a pain in the culo.i took mines to the dealership and they said check my foot cuz it might be to fast than your hand but when i try to do it slow its like hitting a wall and it doesnt go in or it grinds and im out of warranty so im screw.ive heard its the syncros

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.