8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search for this, but didn't have any luck...

I'm curious about how far apart our Si sedan is vs. the JDM TYPE R sedan? Horsepower difference, suspension difference. I want to do a front end conversion, but am more interested in trying to copy HP and suspension tuning first.

I've seen some great TYPE R vids on youtube, watching the Civic sedan take down S2k's and NSX's on road courses...great stuff! makes my mouth water for a JDM car! So...since that won't happen...i'll just copy it :)

Thanks for any help on this.

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
*sigh* You must not of searched very hard... this is all over the forums.

The Type-R has much sportier suspension, 23 more hp (220 hp total) It actually uses the k20a engine while the Si uses the k20z3. It also features a higher 8,400 rpm redline, Brembo brakes and it weighs a bit less. Theres honestly a hugh list of differences.

Fifth Gear - Euro Civic Type-R vs JDM Civic Type-R

Edit: Found a nice list here.

·
Registered
15,796 Posts
The Type R is truly built as an enthusiast, much more than the SI here. It lacks things like a radio, for example, or a sunroof... all lil commodities to save a bit of weight and whatnot that our car has.

You'd have to do an engine swap to get what they have.. prolly not worth it for 23 more hp

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well, not a matter of waiting...already own an Si sedan :)

however, basically it's a matter of 20+ HP...which between some bolt on's and an ECU upgrade, your there as for HP...then it's just tweaking the suspension a bit. Won't worry about making the car lighter, I think it's pretty easy to get some streetable HP gains...I've done that to Honda's for a LONG time! A blower would be nice, like my 03 Si...but I think i'll do all motor this time and get 30+ HP and be good. I'm really happy with the current setup and X's intake...but, you can never have enough! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.