8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all, just purchased a tail light tinting kit for my si sedan, and want to purchase a headlight kit as well..i know lamin-x is pretty good...anyone know a online site to purchase one? and also, does anyone know if the headlight tint kits account for the "bump" that protrudes from the headlight near the blinker? it seems like it would be quite difficult and turn out to be a poor job if the tint didnt have the right fitment over the bump. thanks!

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
please dont get tinted headlamps. they dont tint them from the factory for a reason.... visibility. tinting your headlights is pointless other than for looks. I would MUCH rather have visibility than a tinted headlamp. The rear film is gonna dim your visibility when you put the car in reverse already, even worse with tint on your glass. Personally I think the only place tint should be placed is on your windows...

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
20civic07 said:
please dont get tinted headlamps. they dont tint them from the factory for a reason.... visibility. tinting your headlights is pointless other than for looks. I would MUCH rather have visibility than a tinted headlamp. The rear film is gonna dim your visibility when you put the car in reverse already, even worse with tint on your glass. Personally I think the only place tint should be placed is on your windows...

Tinting headlamps is, however, a good way for a driver to advertise that he's not very bright, pun intended.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
why not replace the stock bulbs (reverse, brake and headlights) with a brighter bulb? especially the reverse and brake lights, why not order a super bright LED? the tint with the LEDs will surely counter act themselves, no?

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
I have tinted headlights, and the light am getting is really not that bad, not as good as stock but not bad at all specially if you have fog lights and hid kit.

and i love the look of them, so if you like them give them a try.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Come on people. The guy asked where he could buy tinting for his headlights, not whether you like it or not.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
GETxERxDONE said:
you shouldnt be walking without something reflective on.
And he shouldn't be driving with garbage on his headlights. One of these actions is illegal and I'll let you guess which one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.