8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done search upon search on this topic and can't seem to dig anything up. Any truth to the rumor that Honda will release a Si Sedan in '07?

·
Registered
17 Posts
youngxlos said:
yeah i agree, its a waste of engine, the car will be 2 heavy so there is no point
Too Heavy? That's an uneducated response. The 4-door doesn't even weigh 40 lbs. more than the 2-door. (EX to EX comparison).

A Si Sedan would be great. Would you say that the BMW M5 Sedan is a waste of an engine? That car is held up on a pedestal by anyone who reviews it. It's the best of all worlds and has been for years. Honda would be smart to follow in their footsteps... bringing a performance aspect together with the convenience of a 4-Door.

·
Banned
325 Posts
briancr1 said:
Too Heavy? That's an uneducated response. The 4-door doesn't even weigh 40 lbs. more than the 2-door. (EX to EX comparison).

A Si Sedan would be great. Would you say that the BMW M5 Sedan is a waste of an engine? That car is held up on a pedestal by anyone who reviews it. It's the best of all worlds and has been for years. Honda would be smart to follow in their footsteps... bringing a performance aspect together with the convenience of a 4-Door.
You couldnt have said it better, if the words were coming out of my own mouth.

I mean, i would take a few 4 doors over just about any car out today.

The BMW 760li, and M5,
Mercedes E-55 & CLS-55 AMG cars.
Maserati Quattroporte.

Now Granted those are all 100K cars, You can even go cheaper and go with cars like:

Audi RS4
Dodge Charger R/T
Subaru WRX STi
Evo.

Just because it has 4 doors, doesnt mean that its not just as much of a performer as most 2 doors, that is just a genre and a mind built stereotype that alot of people have built up over the years in thier heads. I think a 4 door Si would be a great addition to the bounds of the civic family, and open up a wider client base to people that want smooth performance in a different package

But i can tell you right now, you can spend as much money, time and goods as you want on a 2 door civic, and give me the same amount to spend on that M5, and i will show you a 4 door that can spank you like you werent even there. If i even had to spend any money on it at all.

Here is a little taste of what i mean:

·
Registered
98 Posts
If I knew an SI sedan was coming I might have waited... I doubt they will tho...

·
Registered
17 Posts
eluwak said:
If I knew an SI sedan was coming I might have waited... I doubt they will tho...
That's the only thing that scares me about buying the new civic. If they come out with a 4-Door Si for 07... I would be kicking myself.

I still can't get over the "waste of an engine" comment.

The 500 HP 10-Cylinder Engine in the M5 that is arguably the best production engine ever made. It has held that honor for years. And they keep sticking it in that "heavy" sedan.
What are they thinking. :rolleyes:

Man... that's one of the sexiest cars ever made.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Well in a matter of speaking, there is one. The Acura CSX (canada only) is the Japanese Civic Sedan, and it is using the K20. I doubt they would bring this car stateside though. But that means that we would be able to get factory parts to do the swap, or maybe even get a Japanese clip.

Usually the JDM headlights are awesome compared to USDM, but I kind of prefer the American in this case. I like the lower grill better, it reminds me of the TSX.

·
STIG: a tamed race driver
1,630 Posts
skittleslegend said:
Yessir....although I didn't like 4-door Integras...they look strange to me :)

But I have to agree, the M5 is hottttttttttt...

yeah... they looked strange, I much prefer my 2 doors for looks. But my 4 door civic is nice just because I can through my bookbag and junk in the back seat and I don't have to mess with bending over and messing with the seat and all that, it's just easier. Man I must be getting old fast :(

And yeah, the M5 is the first thing I would if I hit the lottery.

·
Registered
332 Posts
06Ex said:

The BMW 760li, and M5,
Maserati Quattroporte.

Now Granted those are all 100K cars, You can even go cheaper and go with cars like:

Audi RS4
Dodge Charger R/T
Subaru WRX STi
Evo.

Just because it has 4 doors, doesnt mean that its not just as much of a performer as most 2 doors, that is just a genre and a mind built stereotype that alot of people have built up over the years in thier heads. I think a 4 door Si would be a great addition to the bounds of the civic family, and open up a wider client base to people that want smooth performance in a different package

But i can tell you right now, you can spend as much money, time and goods as you want on a 2 door civic, and give me the same amount to spend on that M5, and i will show you a 4 door that can spank you like you werent even there. If i even had to spend any money on it at all.

Here is a little taste of what i mean:
You've raised some very good points and I won't argue with them, those are some hot cars. However, I may be wrong here, but I believe all those cars you mentioned are ONLY available in a 4-door version. Maybe this won't make sense to anyone else, but I think it's *** when you have a choice of a 2 or 4 door sports car. I dunno, can't really explain why I think that, but just my opinion. FWIW, I think the 4-door tegs were ugly... but again, just my $0.02 ;)

·
Registered
98 Posts
If I win the lotto I'm going for an E55 Wagon :D

·
Registered
46 Posts
I would be very happy if they would make the US version '07 Sedan front bumper look like the '06 coupe. I'm willing to bet they will sometime, I just wonder if they will as soon as '07.

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
06Ex said:

The BMW 760li, and M5,
Maserati Quattroporte.

Audi RS4
Dodge Charger R/T
Subaru WRX STi
Evo.

That last statement isn't necessarily true. Not to be argumentative here but there's a video you can download from Bearshare or whatever these youngsters use these days, that shows a Civic hatch kicking a Viper's ass...

Then it turns around and kicks a Corvettes ass...

Was stupid crazy...:eek:

But I agree with you. Just cuz it has 4 doors doesn't make it any less than a 2-door. Honestly, it makes it more practical. Although I have to disagree again. All those cars on your list were hot. Except the Charger. I don't care what you do to it aesthetically, if you don't change the whole front end, it's still ugly as hell. But I think I'm the only person whole feels that way. That's one ugly-ass excuse to bring the Charger back. Hopefully Chevy won't make the same mistake when they bring the Camaro back. The new(ish) Mustang is still the best looking retro-modern car I've ever seen.

·
Registered
84 Posts
lets hope not.... 4 door cars shouldnt even b built in the first place cuz coupes look so much better. And its too damn hard to get in and out of sedans with their lil ass doors. Unless its a 7 series beemer. In which case its the same

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
Kyle23 said:
lets hope not.... 4 door cars shouldnt even b built in the first place cuz coupes look so much better. And its too damn hard to get in and out of sedans with their lil ass doors. Unless its a 7 series beemer. In which case its the same
Maybe you should stop getting rides from people with Geo Prizms. But who knows, perhaps all automakers will decide not to build four-door cars now that the wise has spoken...:rolleyes:

To everyone else, I'm sure you've all seen that it's been confirmed and on the model matrix. To be released next fall/winter, most likely as an 07 model. http://www.vtec.net/modelmatrix/

I'm thinking the current sedan with slight bumper changes, to accomodate the need to cool the bigger brakes (same size as the Si), with a slightly lower engine output, maybe 5-10hp difference. K20, probably the same one found in the CSX but to a different tune. Honda's playing in a different game these days. Sport sedans are popular. Even Chevy's put SS badges on all their 06 models and tuned them to 170hp. The Si sedan will probably compete with that.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Kyle23 said:
i hope this is sarcasm

1 - 20 of 26 Posts