8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
First time posting but a long time troller. I have got an 07 White Si Sedan and I have noticed some things that did not look right. I'm talking about the stance of the car. I noticed that it looked lower in the rear so I took some measurements. Sure enough, it is 3/8-1/2" lower in the rear (at least the fender gap is 3/8-1/2" less in the rear than in the front). Now whether or not the car actually sits lower in the rear I do not know, but the stance would suggest that.
I have been thinking about the HFP suspension kit and have been buring up the search function on here, and cyberspace but with no real answer to my questions. So I thought I would post up and see what I got. Here you go:
1. Is the HFP suspension an equal drop? If it is, I would think that it would exagerate the lower rear "looking" stance since the body is closer to the tire?
2. On HFP kit, are the "spring rates" also different? I read were the "dampening" was, but nothing about the springs. I was tossing the idea around that if the HFP spring rate was the same as the stock springs, then I could change out the front setup, but just use the rear HFP strut for dampening and keep the stock spring for a better stance? Any suggestions about that theory (good or bad)?
I want a nice suspension, but I also do not want the car to look like a "tail dragger". that's all.

Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Most cars have less fender space at the rear than the front because the front wheels need more space for turning.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I just put the HFP suspension on last weekend and I have noticed that the back is lower then the front. I don't mind the gap on the back wheel but the front is a bit high.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
More turning area is needed in the front, that is the reason for the appearence, but as for springs I have the HFP springs on the stock struts looks good, Rides good I am friends with the service MNGR at my Honda dealer and what he did was to put the skunk 2 springs in his si with a 2.250 inch drop up front and a 2.000 in the rear making the car look more level HFP strut is stiff if you want the nicer ride use your strut with an after market lowering spring EIBACH makes a lowering kit for your car that levels it out and only drops you 1.500 in the front and 1.000 in the rear if you don't want to go to low with it or check out the Skunk 2 set up and go lower but the car that low looks great but may be a problem if you travel bumpy roads. Skunk offers a complete kit with struts or just springs. Tein offers a complete set up also these are much less forgiving than stock on long trips you may want a kidney belt. Me being a commuter chose stock struts and the springs are the HFP that were free since my honda man didn't want to use them and with the honda set you can't buy just springs so you will have to go after market to do it this way or change everything, My car does handle much better with that little bit of lowering and still has a desent ride, my friends si with the skunk setup handles amazingly but not over bumps, so some things to consider but I hope this helps.

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
More turning area is needed in the front, that is the reason for the appearence, but as for springs I have the HFP springs on the stock struts looks good, Rides good I am friends with the service MNGR at my Honda dealer and what he did was to put the skunk 2 springs in his si with a 2.250 inch drop up front and a 2.000 in the rear making the car look more level HFP strut is stiff if you want the nicer ride use your strut with an after market lowering spring EIBACH makes a lowering kit for your car that levels it out and only drops you 1.500 in the front and 1.000 in the rear if you don't want to go to low with it or check out the Skunk 2 set up and go lower but the car that low looks great but may be a problem if you travel bumpy roads. Skunk offers a complete kit with struts or just springs. Tein offers a complete set up also these are much less forgiving than stock on long trips you may want a kidney belt. Me being a commuter chose stock struts and the springs are the HFP that were free since my honda man didn't want to use them and with the honda set you can't buy just springs so you will have to go after market to do it this way or change everything, My car does handle much better with that little bit of lowering and still has a desent ride, my friends si with the skunk setup handles amazingly but not over bumps, so some things to consider but I hope this helps.
Longest run-on, ever.

Anyway,
1. It will be roughly equal, but the rear will look lower due to design.
2. I'm sure the spring rates will be different and match the dampers, because people will say that the HFP stuff rides quite a bit stiffer than OEM. The HFP springs/damper is matched nicely to the car, so why put the regular Si springs on them?

·
Registered
574 Posts
I'm so on the fence about the HFP. I feel like sometimes the stock suspension is a bit rough and other times it could be tighter.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello,
First time posting but a long time troller. I have got an 07 White Si Sedan and I have noticed some things that did not look right. I'm talking about the stance of the car. I noticed that it looked lower in the rear so I took some measurements. Sure enough, it is 3/8-1/2" lower in the rear (at least the fender gap is 3/8-1/2" less in the rear than in the front). Now whether or not the car actually sits lower in the rear I do not know, but the stance would suggest that.
I have been thinking about the HFP suspension kit and have been buring up the search function on here, and cyberspace but with no real answer to my questions. So I thought I would post up and see what I got. Here you go:
1. Is the HFP suspension an equal drop? If it is, I would think that it would exagerate the lower rear "looking" stance since the body is closer to the tire?
2. On HFP kit, are the "spring rates" also different? I read were the "dampening" was, but nothing about the springs. I was tossing the idea around that if the HFP spring rate was the same as the stock springs, then I could change out the front setup, but just use the rear HFP strut for dampening and keep the stock spring for a better stance? Any suggestions about that theory (good or bad)?
I want a nice suspension, but I also do not want the car to look like a "tail dragger". that's all.

Thanks everyone.

its my turn "researching" HFP suspension and found out that japanparts.com also has HFP suspension for JDM civic.

1st question Sir, is your Si the 197bhp? if so, are you suggesting the HFP suspension is stiffer than your current Si ones?

Appreciate your help in this matter and as you can see i had posted this in 3 different threads too. Desperate to find out the answer.

Thanks.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Ive had S-techs on my Si for a couple months.. My Sedan front is lower then back. However i would highly suggest getting a suspension setup which has matching struts and springs so that the precision valving, Dampening and spring rates are well matched. Making for a quality ride and preventing early blown struts due to too short of springs

·
Registered
8 Posts
I like my HFP susp. Low, but not tooo low. :dance:
hi there SHO. is there a Si 4Dr HFP suspension or the Si 2Dr HFP suspension can be fitted in any of the civic model from 2006? interested in getting this setup. mine ride is a civic 2007 with @L 155bhp 5AT. Appreciate if any user of HFP suspension could advice. Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
its my turn "researching" HFP suspension and found out that japanparts.com also has HFP suspension for JDM civic.

1st question Sir, is your Si the 197bhp? if so, are you suggesting the HFP suspension is stiffer than your current Si ones?

Appreciate your help in this matter and as you can see i had posted this in 3 different threads too. Desperate to find out the answer.

Thanks.
My wife has a 2007 Civic that has rapid and unusual tire wear. We took it to the dealer and they said there is a SB that requires a suspension upgrade. Becuase the care has 24K miles they refused to replace the worn tires. I argued that we should have been notified of a recall long ago and am being told of this SB only because we took the car in. My wife took it to them back when she had 17K miles on the car and complained about noise but they found nothing wrong and sent her on her way. Does anyone have any info/advice on this issue. I have a meeting scheduled with the district manager on Wednesday.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts