8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if it's just me, but after 10-15 minutes of driving my lower back starts to cramp up and hurt a bit.

A lot of people compliment the seats in a good way, but I'm not too sure about that.

Highly considered changing the seats out for some Recaro's, but then of course we run into the infamous SRS situation. :woowoo:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Why is everyone always hatin on each other? Dont agree with a thread, dont act like a douche in it.

As for the seats, I happen to like mine a lot. Havent noticed any pain

·
Registered
340 Posts
Yes to be honest I do agree. I recently had a MRI scan and results showed me I have a ruptured disc (high grade) on my L4-L5. I have to put a pillow on the seat just so I can sit up right. Im 5'11 180lbs. I tryed adjusting the seat as much as I could but nothing works, I cannot drive the car without the pillow.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Don't get the recaros just because f that. I know EXSTLY what you are talking about. I went to "Relax The Back" and for 50 bucks bought a awesome memory foam lumbar supporter. It;s great. No pain even after a 6 hour ride. The thing straps around the back of the seat and locks in. I would go check that out. Mine is grey though because I had it in my integra with the grey seats so if you walk past my car and see it, it looks like a 90 year olds car but if you get the black it will look good and totally help your back out.

They shod have other colors in the store.

http://www.relaxtheback.com/back-lumbar-supports/back-cushions/contour-back-cushion.html

·
Registered
11,037 Posts
i did a 18 hour drive in my fg2 no problems, then i did a 4 hour drive in my mugen a couple years later and i couldnt move the next day, if i cant find a seat that doesnt mess with my back, i will end up selling the mugen,

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
Don't get the recaros just because f that. I know EXSTLY what you are talking about. I went to "Relax The Back" and for 50 bucks bought a awesome memory foam lumbar supporter. It;s great. No pain even after a 6 hour ride. The thing straps around the back of the seat and locks in. I would go check that out. Mine is grey though because I had it in my integra with the grey seats so if you walk past my car and see it, it looks like a 90 year olds car but if you get the black it will look good and totally help your back out.

They shod have other colors in the store.

Contour Back Cushion - Back Cushions - Back & Lumbar Supports
By the way, since you mentioned Recaro. Aren't the Civic Si seat are manufactured by Recaro too?

i did a 18 hour drive in my fg2 no problems, then i did a 4 hour drive in my mugen a couple years later and i couldnt move the next day, if i cant find a seat that doesnt mess with my back, i will end up selling the mugen,
No, don't say that. We still need you for hook up with USDM Mugen parts when we want it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Everybody is different, some peoples back's are already worse than others due to work, sports, any other activities that could cause more back strain...I've got nothing but compliments on how the seats feel but there not the most comfortable seat out there either

·
Registered
11,037 Posts
No, don't say that. We still need you for hook up with USDM Mugen parts when we want it.
when push comes to shove ill have to let it go, it hurts to just drive to work and back 15 minute drive one way, not much of a choice, plus the suspension is stiff enough to aggravate the back injury i have when i hit a bump

·
Registered
11,037 Posts
ive tried everyway possible, i have a lower and upper back injury from a car accident in my fg2, no position helps both injuries at once

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
ive tried everyway possible, i have a lower and upper back injury from a car accident in my fg2, no position helps both injuries at once

i was going to recommend deadlifts to develop a stronger back to allow you to drive your mugen but seeing as you're injured, i wont

·
Registered
11,037 Posts
well like i said earlier gsxrspeed, i did 18 hours ONE WAY straight and never had a problem in the fg2 i had, but the mugen is different

·
Registered
967 Posts
idk if i"d call them over rated its just peoples bodies are different. i like my seats compared to a lot of cars but they are far from the best...Recaros:biggrin:

·
Registered
350 Posts
Swap to a Mercedes Benz seat if you want comfort.
:word: :1: :yeahthat:

My first two minutes i was like...omg i don't like it as much as the EX seats...now i f**ing love 'em soooo much. Corner like this in a EX LX or whatever and you will hit the window!! LOL just kidding, but the are in deed a MUST in this car!:usa:

1 - 20 of 100 Posts