8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
yes they can. They will clear the rear drum without a problem. The front on the other hand will rub. You will need to grind some of the caliper bracket and repaint it so that the LX calipers will clear the rims. OR get a 3mm spacer for your front wheels. If you want your lug nuts to sit flush with the rims, you need to also get the si lug nuts. They are shorter than your LX lug nuts and your lug nuts will stick out like a sore thumb. So grinding or spacers are your best bet. I have an LX and I have stock Si rims on right now. :thumb:

·
Registered
22,033 Posts
yes they can. They will clear the rear drum without a problem. The front on the other hand will rub. You will need to grind some of the caliper bracket and repaint it so that the LX calipers will clear the rims. OR get a 3mm spacer for your front wheels. If you want your lug nuts to sit flush with the rims, you need to also get the si lug nuts. They are shorter than your LX lug nuts and your lug nuts will stick out like a sore thumb. So grinding or spacers are your best bet. I have an LX and I have stock Si rims on right now. :thumb:
:word:

·
Registered
618 Posts
I had Si rims on my lx sedan and I had to have spacers (3mm) or the caliper brackets would rub the wheel. I have changed out my wheels so no need for spacers anymore.

·
Registered
3 Posts
anyone had problems using spacers? i tried the si rims on my 07 civic and definitely the front wheels rub.

i was told by a lot of these tires places not to use spacers. they said it's not safe to use spacers.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I had to use the 3mm spacers on my lx when I had the Si rims on there too. Didn't like the spacers, caused vibration that I could not get out. I loved the Si rims, but because of the spacers and the heavy ass wheels (23.5 pounds), I purchased a different set of wheels.
Other than the spacers, the only other option is to grind down the caliper brackets...Some may think that is crazy, but no crazier than spacers, IMO.

·
Registered
50 Posts
i installed si rims on my 2007 lx. no rub, no si lugs needed so since the si OEM wheel key lock is almost the same as the LX, as far as sticking out is concern.

I just put 08' si wheels on my 06' EX sedan...no wheel spacers...no issues, but it's tight as hell (same as pic above). Pretty sure the wheels will rub the paint off my calipers when I paint them nextweek :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.