8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Title explains it all, putting 07 Si rims on a 07 4DR LX
d b

So I've read some people saying that all you really need is 3mm (or 5mm) spacers for front due to the calipers. Since the rear doesn't have calipers are spacers not needed? or are people just taking the shortcut and skipping the rear. Also should any decent tire shop have these and how would they be installed? I imagine they just slip over since they are so small? was looking to get them somewhere local so i could go home and install right away.

Thank you

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
Not needed on the rear at all, Just the 3mm in the front would be good, just call around to your local shops to see if someone has them, and yes the just slide right on and then you put the wheel over them :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Spacers not needed if you grind metal off the caliper mounting bracket. Several others on this site have done it with success.
Simple to do, saves money and you don't have to mess with spacers every time you rotate tires. Be sure to use the Si lugnuts with the Si rims.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeha thx man, after doing research i decided ill just grind down instead of using spacers, i mean grinding 3mm or less is no big and like you said i imangine it would be better everytime i rotate etc. I was planning on using the stock Si lugs, i wanted to get red ones but iv been told you cant with stock rims? is this true? =[

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.