8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys .... New to the forum and i need some advice.
I am looking to purchase a set of stock SI rims and i want to put them on my 07 LX Sedan. I read some posts that referred to the need of the 3mm spacers on the front rims ( to avoid caliper issues ).

Has anyone successfully done this and how did it turn out ?
Is there anything specifically i should know about ?
Will the 17" tire and rim make have any issues with the speedometer ?

Thx

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
1. People have done it plenty of times, it's really just to clear that bit of caliper that sticks up a bit.

2. Not really, get the spacers, place the spacers, place the wheels. Torque 'em to 80 ft./lbs. Profit.

3. It shouldn't. I believe wheel/tire diameter is very close to the LX diameter, just with less sidewall.

·
Registered
3 Posts
adding the spacer is no big deal. Thats really just a matter of putting the rim on and spinning it and making sure it clears, if not add a spacer, and repeat if necessay. And for the speedometer it may affect it but it would be so mild you would never even notice, thats if it would even affect it. Do you have anyone to buy the rims from yet. I can sell you mine. Stock Si rims with regular street tires. fronts have about 60% of tred left and the rears are about 90%...ive done a few burnouts on the fronts. the rims however have no blemishes at all. Let me no if you are interested.

·
Crazy Yellow Puppet
26,930 Posts
I've got Si wheels on my EX. I used spacers and they were fine. At higher speeds (70+) there was a little shake in the steering wheel, but nothing horrible. I recently shaved the caliper bracket (very easy to do) and the shake is gone.

There are so many different threads on this topic, do a quick search and all your questions should be answered. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts