8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
uhhhhhh....I'm sorry but you can't even begin to compare a WRX and a Civic SI. I like the new SIs and all but.....no.

·
Registered
108 Posts
civicdude06 said:
uhhhhhh....I'm sorry but you can't even begin to compare a WRX and a Civic SI. I like the new SIs and all but.....no.

It says best overall, so maybe they accounted for looks as well, cause the the WRX is nasty looking IMO.

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
GeeOff said:
It says best overall, so maybe they accounted for looks as well, cause the the WRX is nasty looking IMO.
I'm not sure why but for some reason, I kinda like the redesign. When I first saw it, I thought wtf were they thinking? :confused: but then I guess it grew on me.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yeah I think its a great car, one of my buddies has one of the earlier bug-eyed versions with some mods and its pretty quick. Personally I just dont care for the looks or have a need for four doors.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I'll give ya that one. I never did like the design of the WRX but the AWD/FWD difference alone should make them almost uncomparable.

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
civicdude06 said:
I'll give ya that one. I never did like the design of the WRX but the AWD/FWD difference alone should make them almost uncomparable.
I agree. I myself, preferred the look of the STi, over the base. I remember the first time I saw one, I thought it was kitted or something. It looks kinda like a squirrel or something...weird. :eek: but they're bulking looking cars. Fast as crap though.

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
The '06 WRX is my 'alternate' shopper car if for whatever reason the Si deal goes south (i.e., dealer changes their pledge to not charge over MSRP, etc.). The difference in the '06 vs. the '05 is very noticable with the turbo spooling up over 1K rpm soon than in the laggy '05. While the HP number have only increased by 3, torque is up 20'ish, and with the turbo coming on sooner it make sprited driving much more enjoyable.

·
Crazy Yellow Puppet
26,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry for the delay. I suggest you guys pic up this magazine, or at least look at in your local bookstore. There is a lot in the article, but here are just a few highlights:

Si is the only non-turbo and non-supercharged car in the comparison.

Jetta GLI got Best Overall Interior. Si got Best Overall Instrument Panel. WRX got Best Acceleration. Cobolt SS got Best Stance. And Si got Best Overall.

0-60 time for the Si was 6.7 sec. with a 1/4 mile of 15.2 @ 95 mph.

Automobile Mag also said the Si had the best powertrain, comparing it to the RSX. "...Honda promises a price of less than $20,000..."

"What we'd change: Our advice to the manufacturers. Civic Si - Tune the overboosted steering for more weight and feel; increase the engine's torque."

"The most complete car here, though, is the Honda Civic Si, due to its wonderful manners on both road and test course, its brilliant powertrain, and its tremendous value. Honda has atoned for the last-generation Si, which was unremarkable in nearly every way, and the Si badge is back on top of the hot-compact heap. Look for an Si sliding around a cul-de-sac near you soon."

The mag also recommends 18x7.5 Gram Lights 57C wheels and Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 tires, size 225/40YR-18.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I didn't like the bug eyed WRX's, then the next redesign grew on me real quick and I loved it, then they freekin ruined it again, ugh. IMO the front end of the 06's is butt ugly, looks so cheap like a Kia Rio!

Still has a fine ass, though;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts