8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Si popular

2K views 36 replies 30 participants last post by  illusionstwice 
#1 ·
How popular are si's in your area, im the only one in my area with an si lol

How bout u guys?

#4 ·
I don't know about popular... there are a lot of wealthy people in my area so they just look at it as a civic. I do get compliments often though and lots of stares.

Edit: I guess I misread your post... they are all over the place if you ask me... I've seen as many as 7 in one day. I saw 4 in one day not including mine this week and there are 5 that live within a 10 mile radius or even more.

#9 ·
i see a lot in my area but all stock...

#12 ·
I see at least one every time I leave the house, sometimes two or three. And only the Si guys around here are cool enough to wave/nod/otherwise acknowledge the mutual superiority of our rides.:biggrin:

Most of them have a significant drop, tint, aftermarket wheels and lots of stickers. But they all still sport the stock muffler, so I assume most of the Si's around my area are are still N/A.

#13 ·
yea, I don't know. How often do you guys see cars that are moded. And when I say that, I mean like, actual performance upgrades and exhaust/ect

Not like putting a Gt-5 wing on the back. I barely even see honda civic's around here so like absolutly no si's. I like having a car that no1 else has, its nice to see other si's sure, but I'll hate it once it becomes over rated. Like lexus's around here. My mom drives one, i swear every two blocks there a lexus. I don't like when a car gets like that. And I hate poser that mod up theyre car and know nothing. Like I met this guy, he thinks if you have a MOMO steering wheel and a sparco bucket seat your automaticly fast. God damn ricers.

So how many of you guys see moded cars. I swear to god, if it wasent for those *** street racing movies, there would barely be any, those movies gave birth to alotta ricers. But yeah, again, modded cars popular around any of you. I dont think i've seen anyone thats over 30 with a moded car. But then again im posative theres probably a hella lots. So can anyone answer that one??

#14 ·
Well, honestly, if you're thinking you can easily spot a engine modded car, I think you wouldn't spot them easily. Well, unless it's a WRX, STi, Evo, or something. But, the most discriminating of those is the deep exhaust notes, I do see quite a few of those around.

Heck, if I drive over to Irvine, I see LOTS!

#17 ·
I work at papa johns, and I am good friends with all the people that work at the chinese restaurant next to us. Between the 6 of us, 3 of us have SI's and 2 have coupes. Its a Civic takeover!

I see one on the road every other day. Charlottes getting big tho.

#23 ·
There are quite a few in Toledo. One of which I know is clapped out with I/E and Hondata, and his wife has a stock NHBP FG. I know of another guy around town that has a Fiji coupe.

I have only seen one other FA besides mine. It was Fiji with some bronze wheels on it.

Next spring I'll be out stuntin' with the Tein drop, tint, exhaust and Ray's wheels. :eek:hsnap:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.