8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I´ve an 2007 Si Sedan and need other tail lights for legalizing it in europe.
The turn signal has to be amber.

Does this 2009-2011 OEM tail light from an 1.8 sedan fit?

·
Registered
402 Posts
Does this 2009-2011 OEM tail light from an 1.8 sedan fit?
Yes, it fits perfectly.

Keep in mind that the 2009-2011 taillight uses amber bulbs to give the turn signals colour. The 2007 turn signal colour comes from the lens, so the bulbs can be clear. You'll have to replace these bulbs with amber ones when you replace the lamp housings.

Also, I don't know how exactly the EU requirement for amber signals is worded, but it might matter.

In some places, requirements define the colour of light emitted, allowing for colourless lenses as long as the light when lit is the appropriate colour. Others define the lens of the signal, even when not lit, must be of the appropriate colour. In the US, side marker lights must have coloured lenses, but rear turn signal lamps can have colourless lenses with coloured light sources behind them.

If the EU rules for rear turn signals are like the US side marker rules, then these tail lights might not comply. I believe this is the case for Chinese market requirements, so if this a problem, you might get around it with Chinese lamps, though those might have other issues. I've seen these sold on eBay advertised as JDM lamps (they're not actually JDM).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts