8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 204 Posts

·
Banned
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
..........PAGE 5 HAS THE RETRO FIT.......

:thumb: Stay tuned.....I ordered all parts I needed and got a nice hookup on the Navi system..... Heres a sneak peak...... I will do my first DIY on this factory RetroFit.........Better keep this bumped to the top...... :thumb:

Im sooooooooo excited...... :party: :vtec: :party: :vtec:

UPDATE!!! Decided to show the world some more of my project.........

AS REQUESTED......... :thumb:

·
Registered
95 Posts
great! tell us how it goes.

Also, will the stock volume control continue to work.. what about the voice activation button?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Those interested & who havent heard, there is a podcast at college hills honda explaining that to do it correctly will cost 3-5k (with no warranty) I'd pass.

·
Banned
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When Im done with this DIY......this Navigation is gonna work just like any other Navi in a Si......Also its gonna look completey stock and yes all the buttons are gonna work!!! :thumb:

·
Banned
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
LMAO :rotfl: 3-5K my ASS!!! LOL............do a quick shopping cart WITHOUT THE NAVI on http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/ and tell me what do you get.....

This is what I Got:

Subtotal $389.38
*Sales Tax: $0.00
Shipping Charge $14.87
Handling Charge $4.95
Total $409.20

I payed a little more because I wanted fast shipping, but with that price is everything you need!!! Except the navi........Happy Ebaying!!! :thumb:

·
Banned
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
podcast at college hills honda.........Yeah they say your better off trading your car in for one with NAVI..........yeah right.......All they are after is you wallet............

Shows how much they care about you.......$$$$......in there eyes!

Tell college hills honda........i said this: :violin: :eek:wned: :rotfl:

·
Registered
858 Posts
xxmstajxx said:
LMAO :rotfl: 3-5K my ASS!!! LOL............do a quick shopping cart WITHOUT THE NAVI on http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/ and tell me what do you get.....

This is what I Got:

Subtotal $389.38
*Sales Tax: $0.00
Shipping Charge $14.87
Handling Charge $4.95
Total $409.20

I payed a little more because I wanted fast shipping, but with that price is everything you need!!! Except the navi........Happy Ebaying!!! :thumb:
give me the exact link to the part because the navi im looking at is 1,000 dollars +

·
Banned
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Exact Link what...? If you want to know all the parts you need you are gonna have to go through the parts on that website and look on what you need. Im not gonna bring up a list for you because its a lot of work.

Basic Categories:

1) INSTRUMENT PANEL GARNISH (dash parts)

2) INTERIOR LIGHT (mic parts)

3) NAVIGATION SYSTEM (navi parts)

4) STEERING WHEEL SRS (button parts)

You should be able to search out all the parts you need from those categories.....Have fun..........:party:

·
Banned
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Stay Tuned.....

More Pics to come.......and of course the DIY..........im going to bed.....later guys and girls........ :banana-wa

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hey xxmstajxx, would it be possible for you to take pictures of the back of the unit after you take it out of the bag, please? I would like to see what connections are on the back. Thanks!

·
Banned
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Answers to questions....above..

Yes it is possible for the EX too...You might need a different wiring harness but im not sure about that.... All these cars are built the same sooo i dont see why it would be different. Your gonna have to look into that....

Yes I will be taking more pictures without the bag and all the parts you need for installation when I get them here by this week......:thumb:

The TOTAL price I payed for all the parts you need and including the navi reciever.... is................

check this out................$1500.00 TOTAL (thats right)

So if you can get the Navi somehow for a $1000 and pick up all the parts for $500........you should be straight!!! :popcorn:

Any more questions hit me up later................... :party: :vtec: :thumb:

1 - 20 of 204 Posts