8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i was ''racing'' today vs. my friend's new Mazda3, we were just playing nothing hard nothing serious... we started.1st to 2nd and 3rd...then the low oil pressure indicator turned ON like for 3 seconds, then off ...then ON again... mi car is just 1242 miles, and i changed the oil like 900 miles ago... WTF is going on! did i just F**ed my engine? i don't like this at all!!
:eek:hsnap:

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
did you put in enough oil..??...why did you change your oil soo early..??...i think the oil from the factory has additives for the break in period

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
now i remember i did a BIG power drift (slide) drift is not the word, my mistake!!!!.... but i didn't notice the blinking light... i mean a BIG power drift...in the owners manual: ''hard cornering can cause oil pressure to get low, if this light comes on with your engine running, it can be seriously damaged''..OH CRAP!!!!! and i did race several times after that power drift! i'm just : scared, big time... bad night for me!

should i change to Mobil 1 after this? to take better care of my engine? the only thing is, my dealer will change my oil for free for the next years, but not synthetic, just 10w-30 Mobil.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Manual states the break in period is 600 miles and to change the oil per schedule maintenance. It sounds like you did your first oil change at just over 300 miles. Sounds like you are pretty rough on your car. Make certain you have enough oil on the dipstick, stop power sliding, stop racing, and prey you have beaten your car so bad that you have caused irriversible damage.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
there is additives in the first oil that comes in the car from the factory, to help break in the engine. should wait until 15% to change for the first time

·
Registered
28,275 Posts
because i had a problem, the main coolant hose got loose and all the coolant went off, my car over heated, so the dealer changed the coolant, and oil.
So they changed the oil too? That's weird. If it was just a coolant line, it doesn't really affect the oil. You sure you didn't blow a headgasket? That could also lead to low oil pressure.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
step 1. stop driving your brand new car like you're in fast and the furious.
step 2. check your oil
step 3. stop driving your brand new car like you're in fast and the furious.

·
Registered
513 Posts
HELL YEAH I LOVE DRIFTING MY FRONT WHEEL DRIVE 200hp CIVIC EBRAKE FTW LOL!!!!111

Do me a favor and go sell your car and buy a P.O.S. to stop tarnishing the reputation of Civic owners everywhere.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
HELL YEAH I LOVE DRIFTING MY FRONT WHEEL DRIVE 200hp CIVIC EBRAKE FTW LOL!!!!111

Do me a favor and go sell your car and buy a P.O.S. to stop tarnishing the reputation of Civic owners everywhere.
if you don't know a single thing, just shut up and go cry in your room. A power slide is not a drift... :facepalm:

if you think Civic Si's are a joke, go buy a Porsche and live your live. You are in the wrong forum. Annoying people like you are killing this forum. I don't need anyone to come here and have fun with other people problems.

and finally MY CAR IS 100% PERFECT, A PART OF THE WHEEL HIT THE OIL FILTER IN THE SLIDE AND TWISTED IT SO OIL WAS LEAKING BUT NOTHING MORE.

I'M HATING THIS FORUM RIGHT NOW, only one people helped me here, this time only jokers appeared, same with other people problems, only jokes and insults, that's a shame, this used to be a great forum, now is full of haters of the Civic.

I have the money to buy the car i want, not a R8 or a Scuderia, but i can afford a M3 or anything i want in that range, i just love the Si and i'm 24 Y O. so i think buying an adults-mature car is not for me right now, i like this car as it is, i'm not gonna mod my car nor changing anything to it, i buy it because i like it that way.
I'll stick to my A4 1.8T and my Si for the weekends, have it since January, only took it out 7 times since then, tracks and ''games'' are the reason for my Si to be.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So they changed the oil too? That's weird. If it was just a coolant line, it doesn't really affect the oil. You sure you didn't blow a headgasket? That could also lead to low oil pressure.
hey man, they changes it because of the the very high temperature the engine got, i mean only 3 blocks to the top in the temperature gauge.

thank you for having the will to help people here no judging.
I took my car to the Honda shop, no big problem, the oil filter was damaged, a little twisted too, it looks like the axis or a part of the wheel hit it and took it out of place...so leaking began. Thanks Man!
:usa:

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
if you don't know a single thing, just shut up and go cry in your room. A power slide is not a drift... :facepalm:

if you think Civic Si's are a joke, go buy a Porsche and live your live. You are in the wrong forum. Annoying people like you are killing this forum. I don't need anyone to come here and have fun with other people problems.

and finally MY CAR IS 100% PERFECT, A PART OF THE WHEEL HIT THE OIL FILTER IN THE SLIDE AND TWISTED IT SO OIL WAS LEAKING BUT NOTHING MORE.

I'M HATING THIS FORUM RIGHT NOW, only one people helped me here, this time only jokers appeared, same with other people problems, only jokes and insults, that's a shame, this used to be a great forum, now is full of haters of the Civic.

I have the money to buy the car i want, not a R8 or a Scuderia, but i can afford a M3 or anything i want in that range, i just love the Si and i'm 24 Y O. so i think buying an adults-mature car is not for me right now, i like this car as it is, i'm not gonna mod my car nor changing anything to it, i buy it because i like it that way.
I'll stick to my A4 1.8T and my Si for the weekends, have it since January, only took it out 7 times since then, tracks and ''games'' are the reason for my Si to be.
lol you said "now i remember i did a BIG power drift" you didnt say anything about slide.

people were telling you to stop driving like a fool. in my opinion, thats a huge "help"

maybe next time you should take their advice and you wont be in this predicament

safe driving bro :dancingcoolsmiley:

·
Registered
56 Posts

:facepalm:
IMO, you are "one of those" misrepresenting the civic crowd.
I hope you "raced" your friend on the closed track/non-public road.
And I hope you stop if you did race on the street.

Go to your local track and join the open sessions that public can attend. Race all you want there.

·
Registered
809 Posts
From what your saying, you very likely might have damaged the engine man. Hard to tell, there are a lot of possibilities that can cause low oil pressure. Eliminate the basics, if they check out, then go to the next step. Is there any smoke, any leaks you can see around the engine, does it over heat still. Need to know for sure if the headgasket it gone or not gone, if it is, you'll likely warp the engine if you keep driving it. And to replace a head in one of these are expensive.

Not to mention you will need to replace everything else that connects, or conflicts with a blown gasket. If you know a good garage, have them check it out before you take it to dealer. And whatever you do, don't mention anything about drifting/ racing, etc.

Or just take it to dealer, if they can duplicate the problem, you may save the engine. But it also could be something very simple. If the oil filter was twisted, or damaged, if there is as much as the smallest leak it can through that light. Anyway, help any of this helps.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.