8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In the Si can you dim the interior lights all the way off? I was in my mom's 07 Camry last night and when turning the brightness of the interior lights down, they went off. It made for a great driving experience, despite being a boring Camry. The only visible lights were the D for drive and the backlighting on the steering wheel buttons.

I'm probably getting an Si in the next year or so, so I just want to know if it can do this.
Thanks.

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
In the Si can you dim the interior lights all the way off? I was in my mom's 07 Camry last night and when turning the brightness of the interior lights down, they went off. It made for a great driving experience, despite being a boring Camry. The only visible lights were the D for drive and the backlighting on the steering wheel buttons.

I'm probably getting an Si in the next year or so, so I just want to know if it can do this.
Thanks.
um why the heck would you want to do that?! can you not see your speed? well to answer your question, you cant get them totally off but pretty dark.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
um why the heck would you want to do that?! can you not see your speed? well to answer your question, you cant get them totally off but pretty dark.
At night, with cruise control on, it's so much easier on your eyes. And with the lights off inside, the contrast outside is much higher, therefore you can 'see' more outside. To answer your question, the gauges are completely un-lit. There are only 3 or 4 buttons and the gear indicator light on. I would have never thought of it without experiencing it, but at night in low light areas, it makes it much easier to drive.

Thanks for the answer.

I will say I'm not new to this forum, and I used to live on 7thgencivic.com before they sold it, I just never needed to post until now. Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, now i know where the buttons are. I think I'm going to the dealership tomorrow to play around with one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts