8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
well to me it depends on your area, if it rains a lot in your area, i would get a short ram intake, cai will make more hp than short ram but you are in a risk of hydrolock if you blast through a puddle of water, short rams are really popular because a lot of people are worried about hydrolock so they play it safe with the short ram and get a few ponies in the end. As for which one to buy, thats up to you, injen-aem-fujita(thats what i have)-k&n all make great products. Plus the search tool is very useful.:wavey:

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
anyone have feedback on the ct intake?
I'd say this would be the best, from the way it looks most intakes have issues with A/F ratio's and drivability because they have to vain's in the piping for the MAF.. the CT has a MAF housing that has vains .. it would be nice if CT would make a intake tube to go with it also so we can ditch the stock one

·
Registered
8 Posts
is it true that you lose hp with a sri i know the stock airbox is very restrictive however it is still drawing in cold air it seem that the sri intake sits to close to the engine which gets very hot especially during summer months. and i know cars have proven gains with sri but this is with the hood open on the dyno and probably while the car had cooled off. i beleive that the stock air box is best unless your going to do a cai setup.

·
Registered
440 Posts
is it true that you lose hp with a sri i know the stock airbox is very restrictive however it is still drawing in cold air it seem that the sri intake sits to close to the engine which gets very hot especially during summer months. and i know cars have proven gains with sri but this is with the hood open on the dyno and probably while the car had cooled off. i beleive that the stock air box is best unless your going to do a cai setup.
I went with the K&N Typhoon cuz it has a nice heat shield and I haven't had any problems so far. I don't think any other SRI offers this.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I thought about that quite a bit but the SRI should only be a prob in the summer sitting in traffic while the hot air builds up in the engine compartment. Hell, my '64 Impala's filter sits right on top of my engine...no piping at all. I installed an electric fan with a switch so I can run it non-stop...works like a champ.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.