8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm so satisfied with this car:thumb:. It seems like everyday I grow more impressed with it's ability to goooooooooo! I'm curious to see how it compares with other Hondas/Acuras out there. I've owned an S2k and currently an NSX (NA1) and of course you can't compare to those cars but I'm led to think it might be faster than a TSX & TL. Am I correct with my thinking?

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
i have friends that have a TSX and a TL and i would place money on my Si beating both of their cars

the Si, S2k and NSX are some of the fastest hondas... but dont forget V6 accord coupes! they arent sporty, but they will definitely be quick

·
Registered
6,543 Posts
2003 cl type s 6speed Goes [email protected] stock with stock mxm4 tires spinning through first and breaking loose after shift into 2nd. Worst run ive made in the cl-s was 14.6. with comptech headers, catback and aem cai, card went [email protected]
I'm not too sure what kinda car you mean. I havent seen one I don't think. got pix?:pics:

i would say the base TL and Type-S model, as well as v6 accord sedens and coupes... and even CL type S... in manual they would all give the Si a run for its money
I highly doubt the Si w/ 197 bhp (approx 180-190whp) stock will even hold a CANDLE to the 2008 V6 Accord Coupe w/ 267 bhp. I've testdriven the accord coupe and I know we DO NOT STAND A CHANCE STOCK FOR STOCK from a roll. Not sure about from a launch, but the new accord is a MONSTER!!:eek:hsnap:

http://automobiles.honda.com/tools/compare/results-overview.aspx?ModelName=Civic+Si+Coupe&ModelYear=2008&AICGroupNum=5093&AICNum1=23107&LastState=/tools/compare/select-competitor-honda.aspx?ModelName=Civic+Si+Coupe&ModelYear=2008&AICGroupNum=5093&AICNum1=23107&LastState=&AICNum2=23136&AICNum3=23155&AICNum2=23136&AICNum3=23155&Filter=&Mode=&Photo=&Change=

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
I'm not too sure what kinda car you mean. I havent seen one I don't think. got pix?:pics:

I highly doubt the Si w/ 197 bhp (approx 180-190whp) stock will even hold a CANDLE to the 2008 V6 Accord Coupe w/ 267 bhp. I've testdriven the accord coupe and I know we DO NOT STAND A CHANCE STOCK FOR STOCK from a roll. Not sure about from a launch, but the new accord is a MONSTER!!:eek:hsnap:

http://automobiles.honda.com/tools/compare/results-overview.aspx?ModelName=Civic+Si+Coupe&ModelYear=2008&AICGroupNum=5093&AICNum1=23107&LastState=/tools/compare/select-competitor-honda.aspx?ModelName=Civic+Si+Coupe&ModelYear=2008&AICGroupNum=5093&AICNum1=23107&LastState=&AICNum2=23136&AICNum3=23155&AICNum2=23136&AICNum3=23155&Filter=&Mode=&Photo=&Change=

read my post again... i sad they would give the si a run for its money

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
2003 cl type s 6speed Goes [email protected] stock with stock mxm4 tires spinning through first and breaking loose after shift into 2nd. Worst run ive made in the cl-s was 14.6. with comptech headers, catback and aem cai, card went [email protected]
I beat my best friends CL-S with CC headers and CAI all the time. Its also an auto but I get him from a dig and from a roll. (he hates it because he really paid a lot for that car a while back)

·
Registered
87 Posts
i loved that car, its biggest downfall was the fwd, that car would of clipped as a rear wheel drive car, the torque steer was horrible.... i miss it, but i just put a deposit on an 08 fiji si coupe, im gettn so excited.. the wait is killn me

·
Registered
267 Posts
We can beat TSX/TL's type-S we need intake/headers/exhaust to be about even.

Or we run on 10L of GAS strip out some crap and put 3 passengers in the Type-S.

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
get an 05-06 RSX-S, then you'll be slightly faster than the Si.

V6 accord
TSX
TL or TL type-s
and CL

these car weren't meant for speed, even though they have High HP and TQ, they were meant for luxurious, not exactly speed. so you can keep up with them, or slightly take them for a while but not for long with you 06+ si.

·
Banned
18,265 Posts
get an 05-06 RSX-S, then you'll be slightly faster than the Si.

V6 accord
TSX
TL or TL type-s
and CL

these car weren't meant for speed, even though they have High HP and TQ, they were meant for luxurious, not exactly speed. so you can keep up with them, or slightly take them for a while but not for long with you 06+ si.
i'd have to disagree... i have yet to meet an RSX-S that beat me w/o at least an intake... and i'm stock... when it comes down to it the 05-06 RSX + 06-08 Si = DRIVERS RACE

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
i'd have to disagree... i have yet to meet an RSX-S that beat me w/o at least an intake... and i'm stock... when it comes down to it the 05-06 RSX + 06-08 Si = DRIVERS RACE
you know what i mean thought right, i know it's a driver race, that's why i stated that the 05-06 RSX-S is "slightly faster" from the factory that is.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Slightly faster? Aren't they both Z20 egines?

I thought that the Civic doesn't advertise 200HP is because the way they measure it for current compliances?

Either way our cars have LSD tranny which I finally got to experience last night having driven my car for 33k KM.

I think weight wise our cars should be about the same also?

Our cars also have different technologies when it comes to the tranny/shifter and stuff rigth?

·
Banned
18,265 Posts
the RSX has K20Z1 engine 203hp (2006 advertised... in 2005 they advertised 210hp)
the Si has K20Z3 engine 197hp (advertised)

now i've seen stock dyno's of both cars on the same dyno and the Si puts down more HP every single time...

the Z1 has less moving parts so it's able to rev faster than the Z3...

and if u add that revving faster with the little bit of weight loss the RSX has which is only 50 or 60 lbs... then it will be very close in performance...

·
Registered
2,143 Posts

Im pretty sure that the V6 accord only dynoed like 205 to 210 WHP. Temple of Vtec did an artical on it a while back. I think the Si could have a chance.

·
Banned
18,265 Posts
Im pretty sure that the V6 accord only dynoed like 205 to 210 WHP. Temple of Vtec did an artical on it a while back. I think the Si could have a chance.
i highly doubt that they lose that much hp...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts