8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to upgrade my sound system, but want to keep it looking stock. Can I put the Premium Sound head unit (350 W) from an Si or EX coupe into my EX sedan? I am a noob at this stuff so please be as detailed as you can. If it fits...
1. What will I need to get for the swap? (just the head unit or will is there a seperate amp involved, etc.)
2. Will I still be able to connect the steering wheel controls and mini input jack? (thinking yes on the steering wheel controls since I know the Si has them, but don't know about the mini input jack)
3. Will the wiring harness just swap out or will I need to be splicing wires?

Please, be as detailed as you can. The more info the better. Please, don't suggest that I would be better off going with an aftermarket head unit....I know that is possible, but I want to keep the stock look of the dash AND maintain my steering wheel controls without an RF adapter.

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
i you want to swap in a premium head youre going to need at the very least the premium stock amplifier. . . and all associated harnesses and wires. . . which im pretty sure an EX Sedan lacks. . . honestly now, it would be cheaper and much more simple to get an aftermarket headunit,itll also function alot better

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.