8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
8thgen.com folks this is a repeat.

Well, a poster from ToV said that Honda West (read: rip off dealer) got in an Si that no one on their reserve list wanted (Silver non-navi) and it was sitting in the showroom. Knowing already that HW told me they were charging a $4K MPA, I knew I was not going to buy it, but wanted to go see it anyway (since that is the color I am getting)

I was right, $3,995 MPA, plus a BUNCH of accessories brought the price to just shy of $30,000. (Yeah, I laughed...a few $K more and you have a G35 coupe)

I like the interior looks in person. Aluminum pedals, psuedo suede bolsters, the black ballistic cloth, etc. I think I like the blue backlighting on the EX more than the red on the Si, but I am still fine with that. The seat bolsters made for a very different feel to the seating over the EX, quite snug in comparison.

Sigh, mine was supposed to be at my dealer yesterday...delayed until the first week in January. Humbug.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeah I live in Vegas too. Take a look at their (Honda West's) EX coupes/sedans and probably even the LX's, not sure. Window stickers add $1995.00 "market adjustment rate" tacked onto MSRP. I was over there the other day and saw an EX that had a typo on final price. It read $216,000.00 (someone misplaced decimal point) or something like that after "market adjustment rate" was added on. I think it was some sort of Freudian slip myself. lol.. Is Findlay Honda ummm more down to earth in their pricing?

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Shack Findlay is not charging over MSRP for their Si's. Talk to Tom or Ryan in the internet sales dept. They do have a pretty long waiting list right now, however. They said it was backed up until around June given the expected delivery volumes.

(edit) As an FYI Shack Findlay is where my deposit is at.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Civic Price

If you pay MSRP...this is how it would go.

MSRP 21,940.00
DEST 550.00
===========
TAX 5% 1,125.00
===========
Total 23,615,00

license and registration will cost extra
dealer options will cost extra

So here is an example...

MSRP 25,201.00
TAX 5% 1,260.00
============

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The unit they were selling for nearly $30K is a non-navi unit, so the pricing is just that much more painful.

MSRP: $19,990
Dest: $550
Total: $20,540
Tax @ 7% ($1,592)

Dealer fees XXX

Total $22,132 (plus dealer fees)

So somewhere in the ball park of $7K of MPA and 'stuff' to get close to $30K. heh.

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
just stupid. I can't imagine someone paying that kind of money for a civic. 30k is rediculous, and the dealership should know that.

And the same goes for the dealerships adding 10k onto the msrp. I hope the cars sit there forever. Even if the dealership gave up and reduced the price to msrp I'd boycott their dealership out of spite.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Well put Webby, and it would also make them look stupid for gouging so high... was just sickened at the supply demand economics look they had for why they are going over msrp. Lets me honest here, I was an econ minor and always worked with those graphs using economies of scale (large) and this is a car that was starting msrp at 19990, the dealership pay less than msrp, and they charge for each extra item, and then adding more money to it, coming out ahead.... 30k for a car with all those items that should only come out to 22-23k. I like honest dealers, but some of the dealers are just plain nasty.....

I cant wait for some of these dealerships to get :eek:wned:

·
Registered
445 Posts
It shows that dealerships know what there are doing. They may ask that much as a starting point, just to be drilled down. But there is always one person who wants the car badly enough now, and are willing to pay what the dealers are asking for. It's like who questions Hummer, Ferrari, and SSr prices. You want it, pay the price. But thank to forums like this where there are lot of you who has done their homework on the Civic knows how much to pay for one.

·
Registered
420 Posts
acetech808 said:
It shows that dealerships know what there are doing. They may ask that much as a starting point, just to be drilled down. But there is always one person who wants the car badly enough now, and are willing to pay what the dealers are asking for. It's like who questions Hummer, Ferrari, and SSr prices. You want it, pay the price. But thank to forums like this where there are lot of you who has done their homework on the Civic knows how much to pay for one.
When I was looking to buy a used rsx-s I looked on autotrader and the dealer had it listed for $19k. When I went to the dealership I saw the same car (same vin #) and they said 21k unnegotiable. I laughed in their face and left.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts