8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kind of a weird question and I hope someone can provide me with a quick reply. When I bought my SI it didn’t come with the front emblem or grille (not the bottom grille by the fog lights the top grille with the H emblem and SI emblem) when I try google searching to buy that piece the only ones that pull up or for the 09-11 honey comb grilles (which to my understanding won’t fit) and the silver or black grilles for the R18 models (I think the search calls the keystone or blackstone grille) will those fit? Should I provide pics so you guys know what I’m talking about? I found some honeycomb ones on eBay that look like they’ll fit my 08 si but I want to put the red jdm emblem on

·
Registered
420 Posts
Kind of a weird question and I hope someone can provide me with a quick reply.
If you want a quick reply, it would help if you tell us whether you have a coupe or a sedan: help us to help you! Otherwise you're going to have to wait for somebody to have the time to do double the work of answering your question for both cases.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kind of a weird question and I hope someone can provide me with a quick reply.
If you want a quick reply, it would help if you tell us whether you have a coupe or a sedan: help us to help you! Otherwise you're going to have to wait for somebody to have the time to do double the work of answering your question for both cases.
I didn’t think the grille moulding were different sizes for the FG2 and FA5, I honestly thought they’d be the same size. Guess it matters for part number purposes right? I drive the coupe FG2. I found some on eBay yesterday for 50-80 bucks but now I’m hesitant to buy because the descriptions don’t have trim specifics, it just says “fits 06-08 civic si”

·
Registered
420 Posts
I didn’t think the grille moulding were different sizes for the FG2 and FA5, I honestly thought they’d be the same size. Guess it matters for part number purposes right? I drive the coupe FG2. I found some on eBay yesterday for 50-80 bucks but now I’m hesitant to buy because the descriptions don’t have trim specifics, it just says “fits 06-08 civic si”
The sedan front is completely different from the coupe. The differences between models, and facelift, are roughly parallel though (e.g. Si sedan differs from other sedans the same way Si coupe does from other coupes, and everything got a facelift in '09)

'06-'08 uses the same bumper for DX/LX/EX/Si. Si Grilles, were body colour with a spot to attach the Si emblem. The other coupes were dark gray. I've seen photos of a chrome '08 coupe grille, but haven't found a part number for it - it may be aftermarket, or at least non-US markets, or maybe I just haven't looked hard enough.

Any '06-08 coupe grille, whether OEM or aftermarket, Si or not, should fit any coupe from these years.

Sedans were a slightly different situation. The 'grille' for 06-08 non-Si sedans was a broad chrome bar across the top of the opening, with the bottom of the grille opening just being the top surface of the bumper. Si sedans had a grille more similar to the coupes in that they have a thinner top part, but also go around the bottom edge of the opening. The Si bumper cover has holes for clips to attach the bottom of this grille. Putting a non-Si grille on would leave these holes visible. Putting an Si grille on a non-Si, you wouldn't be able to install these bottom clips.

Guess I ended up doing double the work after all.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The sedan front is completely different from the coupe. The differences between models, and facelift, are roughly parallel though (e.g. Si sedan differs from other sedans the same way Si coupe does from other coupes, and everything got a facelift in '09)

'06-'08 uses the same bumper for DX/LX/EX/Si. Si Grilles, were body colour with a spot to attach the Si emblem. The other coupes were dark gray. I've seen photos of a chrome '08 coupe grille, but haven't found a part number for it - it may be aftermarket, or at least non-US markets, or maybe I just haven't looked hard enough.

Any '06-08 coupe grille, whether OEM or aftermarket, Si or not, should fit any coupe from these years.

Sedans were a slightly different situation. The 'grille' for 06-08 non-Si sedans was a broad chrome bar across the top of the opening, with the bottom of the grille opening just being the top surface of the bumper. Si sedans had a grille more similar to the coupes in that they have a thinner top part, but also go around the bottom edge of the opening. The Si bumper cover has holes for clips to attach the bottom of this grille. Putting a non-Si grille on would leave these holes visible. Putting an Si grille on a non-Si, you wouldn't be able to install these bottom clips.

Guess I ended up doing double the work after all.
I definitely appreciate it, you may have just saved me some money. I’ll check my local junkyard out 1st. I just hate seeing a blank almost concave front area on my car. It’s been driving me crazy. Maybe I’ll try looking on the market place here in the forums. Thanks again!

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts