8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a royal blue R18 coupe and been thinking about changing out the front grille for the Si one. They don' have a Si grille in my color, anyone in the same boat that's made the change? If so I'd like to see a pic. Also did anyone use a NHBP or GG grille instead of going to get it repainted?

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
its be done, a couple of members have it here. check the color specific thread under royal blue pearl.

i did it as well,but i got a sedan not a couple.

if it ur gona go with a color besides royal blue to paint it, then go with black.

·
Registered
4,519 Posts
Talk to "sleepy". She has a light blue civic coupe and she had the si grill painted the same colour as her car. it looks great! i wouldnt paint it the same colour as the body... or just stick w/ your stock one.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Was also thinking, those that install the SI grille what to they do with the SI badge and backing? I've seen the College Hills cutout, and a couple people that fiber glass it over, but anyone else do anything that doesn't involve a weird cutout or learning to fiberglass? Thought about leaving the backing and painting the whole lower section matte black. Other ideas?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.