8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taken from TOV http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=447127

Several months ago Motor Trend predicted that Honda would introduce a sedan version of the Civic Si for the 2007 model year. Now, I'm not questioning Motor Trend's credibility (but what ever happened to the EP3 Type R they said was coming??), and this was an entirely believable rumor at the time, but I hadn't heard it anywhere else so I was waiting until we heard some sort of independent confirmation from at least one of our own sources before we would put it on the board, so to speak. And now that time has come. Yes, it's true - we've very recently received word from a well placed industry source that Honda has plans to begin production of an Si sedan in the 2007 model year. The same source indicated that it would be built in Ontario alongside the Si coupe.
Photoshop of a 4-door si is attached

Attachments

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
SWEET!

man i couldnt imagine how many peoples dreams would come true if they did make that production! that is such an accurate chop! it looks so real. i would love to have the best of both worlds! that would be great lol. i think it would make a nice wallpaper if someone did a chop of this pic with a coupe si next to it that is the same color. or visa-versa... just a thought

·
Registered
313 Posts
I'm still sceptical, too. And I don't like it that much either... IMO those wheels and spoiler don't fit the style of the sedan as well as they do on the coupe.

·
Registered
244 Posts
well si has never been a 4door but it has been a 5door 3door 2door so i don't know, anyways for those who are wondering the 5 door im talking about is european version of the ep hatch with a d16 engine so i consider it to be an si "body style"

edit: d16 engine in a ep5door design

·
Registered
594 Posts
why would you want a Si sedan..... why

Its the same when i see a sedan M3.... i just shake my head... pointless

Next thing people will want are sedan Lambo's and Ferrari's :gaygiggle

·
Registered
287 Posts
Kabs said:

O theres a porshe sedan comming out.
And this sedan hauls:

·
Registered
594 Posts
ok well some sedans can be fast.....

most "sports cars" are not suppose to be sedans

and i want to see a freakin 911 sedan or even a boxter sedan.... i would lauigh at the person driving it... even if i was riding a rusty BMX bike =P

·
Registered
342 Posts
Kabs said:

I have a wife and two kids but I WANT SOME MORE SERIOUS HARDWARE. I also agree that I hope that they can make the front doors look more like the coupe.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I've always thought if it has four seats, it might as well have four doors. Which is kind of ironic because I've always owned coupes. I guess it's because I really don't have a need for a sedan (I rarely use my back seats) and the styling of coupes is usually better. (Maybe my philosophy should be, "if it only has two doors it might as well only have two seats). I think it would be good for Honda to have the option of coupe or sedan.

·
Registered
78 Posts
02boostlessVIC said:
well si has never been a 4door but it has been a 5door 3door 2door so i don't know, anyways for those who are wondering the 5 door im talking about is european version of the ep hatch with a d16 engine so i consider it to be an si "body style"

edit: d16 engine in a ep5door design
In canada we do have a 4 door Si ..

2004-2005 model year
How do I know well I have one ..loll :)

·
Registered
730 Posts
im conflicted. i personaly would never own a 4-door civic si. but i can see where some would want to. if i was in a situation where i had to haul some rugrats and wanted some zip ide go for the evo 8 or the like. dosnt seem to me the sedan would be fast enough or nimble enough like the coup. with just the NA k series. it would need some more power and posible 4-wheel. but a civic si coup with four wheel, now that could be intresting.....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts