8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have an '07 Si and I have always run Shell V-Power in it. It used to get between 340-350 miles to the tank. These readings were taken this past summer. I ran the A/C constantly b/c it was the hottest TN summer I have ever experienced, and I've lived here my whole life.

Now all of the sudden I'm getting around 300 miles per tank. I've tried some Fuel injector cleaner but it didn't help at all. The car seems to be running fine, just not getting good mileage.

Anyone had this experience?

·
Registered
283 Posts
I have an '07 Si and I have always run Shell V-Power in it. It used to get between 340-350 miles to the tank. These readings were taken this past summer. I ran the A/C constantly b/c it was the hottest TN summer I have ever experienced, and I've lived here my whole life.

Now all of the sudden I'm getting around 300 miles per gallon. I've tried some Fuel injector cleaner but it didn't help at all. The car seems to be running fine, just not getting good mileage.

Anyone had this experience?
Damn 300 miles per gallon? Holy **** dude you have to tell me your secret! I don't even think the Flinstones got it that good and they didn't even use gas!

·
Premium Member
13,468 Posts
why cant cars just run on hopes and dreems and not blood sweat and tears???

·
Registered
10,957 Posts
Takes longer for the engine to warm up. In my EX I only get 31mpg going to the gym on a cold engine but can get over 40mpg on the trip home since teh engine is warmed up.

-
Your can try a small peice of cardboard to cover up a small portion of the radiator, to aid in quicker warm ups.

-
Cold weather decreasing tire pressure. Check them out.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Wow, I get around 250 to the tank.. I don't use AC at all unless it is raining.. I can never get passed 25 miles to the gallon.. Even if I drive conservative most of the time

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
gas mixtures are changed during the winter, it's not unusual for your mileage to vary between winter and summer. (not to mention during winter you use more gas anyways)
I would say that this explains it. I didn't think about that.

What are the differences between summer and winter gasoline mixutres? Do they just add things to keep it from freezing?

·
Premium Member
2,042 Posts
Yeah that.

For some unexplained reason, I get better gas mileage with Shell as opposed to 76 and Chevron.
I think its the ethanol content...around here gas stations must post the ethanol content...the higher it is the worse my gas mileage is...

Unfortunately Mobil/Exxon gives me better gas mileage than the cheapo's...

It sucks cause I don't want to give Mobil/Exxon my money,,,

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.