8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realize its for the K series, but the dimensions of the mufflers seem the same, do you guys think that sound that everyone is talking about on the Si would be obtainable on the Ex coupe? I know its intake too, but im not looking for that, Comptech will help me out there when they release thier icebox.

I know it would be a slice and cut job, and probably just be an axleback, but what do you guys think?

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
I would presume it to be axle back but may I ask why you wouldn't want to put on an aftermarket exhaust? It'd probably cost you just as much as the Si exhaust and you could get one with a silencer that would probably be a little less loud. Since you're going with a Comptech intake, does that mean you want a stock look? If so, you could always get a universal canister from, say Greddy, and have someone weld a stock looking tip on and a cat-back pipe. I dunno the exact cost of the stock Si exhaust, but I had this done on my old Corolla (was hard as hell to find aftermarket parts). It made power and was exactly what I wanted. Couldn't beat that if I tried.

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
If you're talking about getting that same Si sound on your EX using the EX's muffler, that wouldn't really be worth it. Hypothetically, you could bore out the muffler or something, but you'd still want to use a slightly larger piping and in the end, that'd be a waste of your time and money.

·
Banned
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I knew it wasnt worth it, but anyway.

I DO NOT want a loud exhaust, i mean, i want to hear it, but not on the hwy, and not loud at all.

Is the WS system very loud from Apexi, ive heard they are quiet, along with RS-R. But i heard RS-R are like not even as loud as stock...which would defeat the purpose.

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
I can recommend the WS System. I can also recommend the Greddy Ti System, titanium that comes with a silencer. It's very deep, no fart can sound, makes pretty good power and is really quiet with the silencer. But I'm stuck between the WS and a Greddy system. California has some of the strictest dB restrictions and Greddy's systems are actually certified. You don't live in Cali but by request, Greddy will send you a copy of their California Highway Patrol certification, which would ease the fight against, exhaust-hating po-po. :D Something to look into.

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
Also, if you want something around the stock noise level, try a Dynamax muffler and get a tip of your choice. If you live near a Midas, they'll weld the tip onto the muffler for you for, like $15. The muffler is pretty loud until you put the tip on but after that it's right around the stock sound.

2.75" cat-back exhaust piping, muffler, and tip for about $175. Again, something else for you to look into. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts